Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

White lie?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

My husband is leaving for basic training next month... the station he is recruiting from hinted at that where the recruiting station is has a higher BAH pay then where we actually live at. They said all we have to do is give a zip code when he leaves for basic training.... if we use the zip code where the recruiting station is.... where I still have a lot of family at... is it worth it? or just not worth the risk?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't! They catch it you will have to pay it all back! When the govt wants their money back they take it NOW.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Yeah if they catch you they will take ALL their money back. I have a friend whose husband didn't realize he claimed his daughter (who he didn't have custody of) and he was getting extra for her, and when the army caught it they took it all back at once. They had zero balance paycheck a for almost two months
magmainva
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:36 AM

As tempting it might be, don't do it.  It is considered fraud and the sonsequences truly are not worth it.  Especially when you are just starting out.  I don't think it is as easy as providing a zip code.  Ther's no such thing as a "white lie" when dealing with the government.  Especially the military. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Um yea, that doesn't sound like an accident,lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah if they catch you they will take ALL their money back. I have a friend whose husband didn't realize he claimed his daughter (who he didn't have custody of) and he was getting extra for her, and when the army caught it they took it all back at once. They had zero balance paycheck a for almost two months
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Does "honor" mean anything to you?  If so, this wouldn't be a question... 

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

this is considered fraud. is this how you really want your DH to start his military career?

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Look at it this way, once your DH gets caught, and he will, will you then come back to these forums crying about how the military is taking all his wages to pay this back?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
A "white lie" is still a lie. It shocks me that people even ask if this would be ok to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

If you get caught, you have to pay it back. Just keep it simple and pure :) gl!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Give them the zip code of where you will be living. Period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN