Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Seeking for someone to send me in the right direction?!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello moms, I was wondering if anyone knows a good Japanese tutor or lesson that I can sign up for my 2 daughters 11 and 13yrs old. I am japanese and they are half and they went to school in previous place we lived in but since we moved here, the closest school is an hour away and I am sad that they are forgetting japanese. I try to make them study on their own or with my supervison but it is not the same and I want them to learn in a good & fun atmosphere. Anyone have suggestion or leads to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM

FB or Craigslist?  On line studies? 

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Rosetta Stone?

mlogsdon
by Mary on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Maybe you could do in-home activities, like conversation for an hour a day, only in Japanese?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I was serious about the Rosetta Stone thing. My son is learning Russian and if I remember correctly he got it for free because he's military. (don't quote me on that)

http://usarmy.rosettastone.com/pdfs/Army_Rosetta_Stone_Flyer.pdf

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Rosetta Stone-I say give it a try!

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Rosetta Stone?

narumi74
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I actually do remember my DH saying something about the rosetta stone. He did said he could get it for free..I will check into it. Thank you.

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Also my family is from Belgium and my parents mostly speak Dutch when we're home. You just kinda pick up languages that way so it may help if you spoke Japanese in your house for your kids benefit.

Quoting narumi74:

I actually do remember my DH saying something about the rosetta stone. He did said he could get it for free..I will check into it. Thank you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM

TV shows in Japanese. Honestly how I picked up Spanish... My mom spoke mostly Spanish to us and I would watch soap operas in Spanish... I would ask her to translate the words I didn't know. Def helped me. I don't speak Spanish unless I must because I'm horrible but I understand it fluently. 

narumi74
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Thank you ladies for all the ideas and suggestions. I still don't really think me teaching and watching tv or program in Japanese is not enough. I did ask my DH to check into Rosetta Stone.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I would suggest something like Muzzy which is for kids but they don't offer Japanese.

edit: I just saw on one other forum that they do offer a limited Japanese one but idk where you could find it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)