Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

This really bothers me

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 32 Replies
So, there is an article floating around the interwebs with the "Shooter" from Seal Team 6 who took out Bin Laden.

He got out of the Navy after 15 years, and hasn't found full-time employment.

Apparently, to many civvies, it's horrible that just because he didn't do his full twenty, he doesn't get a pension, tricare, etc.

They seem to think that just because he pulled the trigger on OBL, he should get special compensation.

Your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think he should be treated as being special, omnipotent, and so on. If he wanted pension and benefits, he should have stayed in till retirement. If he wants a job now, he should apply as anyone else should have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Kara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I was just coming here to see if anyone was discussing this. My thoughts? It's absurd. You want retirement benefits, retire at 20 like everyone else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

That article bothered me, too. He was given options, turned them down, and now wants to whine about it. "The government no longer supports me". Well, duh. It doesn't support the 100,000+ military members that are being FORCED out either. Douche.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm getting ramped up the more I think about it. Everyone who joins knows the rules. Those in spec ops get better bonuses and access to training and schools than the majority. For him to get out without a plan - that is his own damn fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
People on the internet get behind something stupid everyday. Water drinking, telling people off, now retirement. Everyone forgets that shit is earned not a rally point. If people could rally for retirements then the occupy movement would have yielded a bunch of millionairs, but instead the man is still in charge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Many other service members get out before their 20 years and its the same, no pension or tricare. Why is he so special? So he killed OBL. He did his job, what he was told to do. I think if he had any integrity he wouldnt complain. I don't know if he is though, I've only heard about this through hearsay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

What Julia said. He did his job, so why would he get special benefits above and beyond? This country's unemployment rate is a shame, plain and simple. It isn't like he's a special case because he can't find work. 

anonymous92
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM

He put himself in this situation. He should have just did 5 more years. He was 3/4 done. Just stupid.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Haven't seen the article. But I don't think he should get special privileges just because he did his job. They went in with the orders to kill OBL, and that is what he did.

TippyD
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

he didnt do his full 20..*shrugs shoulders* now if he was forced out for whatever reasons, yeah that sucks.. but if HE willingly chose to get out, then its his own fault..kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)