Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
So, there is an article floating around the interwebs with the "Shooter" from Seal Team 6 who took out Bin Laden.

He got out of the Navy after 15 years, and hasn't found full-time employment.

Apparently, to many civvies, it's horrible that just because he didn't do his full twenty, he doesn't get a pension, tricare, etc.

They seem to think that just because he pulled the trigger on OBL, he should get special compensation.

Your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Replies (31-32):
Tigger0421
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I got into a heated arguement about this with one of my co workers. He kept saying but he killed the most wanted person in american history. I say do ur research. This man obviously did not and feels he should get special treatment. Is he serious? My father was injured in afghanistan and retired. He knew it was before the 20 years and didn't expect any special treatment for his service. This really makes me angry. Some people just feel they are entitled to everything. Reality check same rules apply to him that apply to everyone else. Didn't serve 20 years no benifits. The only person I feel bad for is his wife
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Honestly, I don't think any soldier or cop or whatever should be treated any differently. They CHOSE their profession....they knew the risks...why should I feel bad for someone who willingly puts their life at risk? I dont' get special treatment at my job....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)