Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

on post doctors

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

Its offcial I am withdrawing from Prime and going to Standard because I can not stand my OB/GYN on post.  I felt like they didn't listen to me, they made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about.  I dont appreciate being treated that way.  Has anyone else ever had this problem with on post doctors????

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Yup. We were at Ft Hood and DD was really sick so we took her to Darnall. The drs couldn't figure out what was wrong but I had a gut feeling it was strep that moved to her joints. I asked them to test for strep and they treated me like I had no idea what I was taking about and told me they didn't have the strep test at the hospital. Wut? So they sent us home. I took her to the clinic the next day and they gave her the rapid strep test... it was positive. Derp!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMCorbin84
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Not all of them, I really liked my dr, but dd's pediatrician drove me up the flipping wall! When she was born she would scream everynight from 11pm-5am, nothing would soothe her and she was spitting up a LOT. This continued and worsened for 4 months until she was spitting up more than she was eating and then completely refused to feed at all for 2 days! I was in the ped's office every week asking what was wrong and what I needed to do to help her, but he kept telling me she was still growing and so she was fine. She also had jaundice until she was 1, which he never diagnosed. By the 2nd day of dd not eating I was frantic and had dh drive me to the commissary, grabbed every can of formula I could find and whipped her up a bottle. She was so hungry she finished off a 4oz bottle in less than 2 mins! And no more spitting up, and she slept 6 hours straight. All bc she was lactose intolerant and the idiot dr wouldn't even suggest that I try formula.

JMmama
by Kara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Generally speaking I have had good experiences. A couple times I had exceptionally good experiences. There have also been times where I have been pretty ticked off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

No, but I have heard that before.  That is why I just went ahead and signed up for standard and went to a civilian.  It was an in-network provider, so I only paid $25 total for prenatal care and delivery.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I have only delt with 2 drs that I didn't like. One was an urgent care dr and the other was my PCM for like 3 months. I only seen her once.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Yea but I get my way by sticking to my guns. I don't let them bully me around... I got referred off base for my speciality care after telling a major I wasn't coming back and how rude she was. She called me back to apologize and give me a referral for off base.

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I got yelled at by a LT(dr) once for not giving my son whole milk.
The idiot didn't even look at his chart to see that like my other 2 children, he is lactose intolorent.

After sitting in the office for what seemed like forever, he said they were not letting me leave until I signed an agreement to give my son whole milk.

I quickly picked up the phone and made a phone call to my dad( a peditrician for 38 years) who spoke to him.
adoptivemomof1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Good for you for setting the jerk straight! I think there are always good and bad in all professions so there going to be some crappy  doctors on base and off..

Having an MD doesn't make someone a god...although some of think really seem to think so....and it does them some good to get called on it.

Quoting edelweiss23:

The idiot didn't even look at his chart to see that like my other 2 children, he is lactose intolorent.

After sitting in the office for what seemed like forever, he said they were not letting me leave until I signed an agreement to give my son whole milk.

I quickly picked up the phone and made a phone call to my dad( a peditrician for 38 years) who spoke to him.

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
That was the last time I went to an on base Dr.

I know that all Dr are not perfect, but holy crap, the ones employed by the military seem to be the worst that I have come across.

I even thought about joining the army reserves so they could pay for RN school for me, but decided that I would rather be in a little debt then have to work with army doctors for 6 years. Lol.

Quoting adoptivemomof1:

Good for you for setting the jerk straight! I think there are always good and bad in all professions so there going
to be some crappy  doctors on base and off..

Having an MD doesn't make
someone a god...although some of think really seem to think so....and it does them some good to get called on it.

Quoting edelweiss23:

USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Never until we moved here. I see Navy docs now (which I'm not sure branch matters, it just so happens that's who we see) but more than once I leave angry and feeling totally ignored. It's so frustrating. I just don't go to the dr anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)