Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Our First Deployment together, please help

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend is in the USAF and he got called out  yesterday for an unexpected deployment. He wasn't supposed to leave until July. Im devastated and need advice on how to cope with this. This is my first experience with a significant other deploying. My father and friends had, but this is totally different. Please help.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-27):
AmandaUSAFGF
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

What does Bump mean?

LLbaby143
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM

It is hard if you don't have friends and family , coworkers and kids around. Those things and ppl can keep you moving on while ur so is deployed. It'll be okay. The longer the easier.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

"Bumping Up My Post"
It is a way to keep the post at the top of the forum. 

Quoting AmandaUSAFGF:

What does Bump mean?

loving2live
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Ditto what the other ladies have said.

If you marry a military man, this won't be the only time life suddenly gets crazy. They will ask you to move days after you give birth, deploy on a moment's notice, and move from one side of the country to another. Nothing will seem certain or permanent.

I'm not trying to me mean, but I didn't realize how crazy my life would become due to being a military spouse. (I'd marry him again in a heartbeat though.) At least you are getting the real picture before you are married and kids are involved -- and you can choose the life you want to pursue without looking at divorce or custody as factors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmandaUSAFGF
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
im not doing too good today....missing him so bad it hurts.....how do you push aside days like this and pull yourself together when tears just fall down your face
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When my husband was deployed for the first time, there were rough days. I remember one day I broke down because I seen a bus comming back with the Freedom Riders behind it. I texted my best friend and just said "This Fing sucks." Cried through the ranges. She has never been in this situation but some how was always there and just said the right things. Then I was back and going. I had my two kids to look after. My bad days I made sure to go and love on my horses!

Quoting AmandaUSAFGF:

im not doing too good today....missing him so bad it hurts.....how do you push aside days like this and pull yourself together when tears just fall down your face

AmandaUSAFGF
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN