Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Adding to the "my husbands is deployed/ing" posts...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 24 Replies
So my husband is deploying soon. Very soon.
It sucks.
I'm sad.
The kids really don't know what's going on yet.
This sucks.
At least its only 9 months.

The end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Especially for how close it is to him leaving, I'm surprisingly unfazed by it. I'm going to miss him dearly of course. But I'm just not upset by it. I'm mostly sad for my girls. He is the world to the 3 year old and the baby already isn't his biggest fan. Lol I guess I'm intrigued by how she will be when he gets home. If she will warm up to him more then these past 6 months of her life. Lol

Quoting violinjewel:

Hugs:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My daughter was 6 months when DH deployed (he deployed roughly 2ish months ago). I got her and her brother a Flat Daddy, and then DH made them both stuffed animals with voice messages. We actually all went to Build A Bear together, he and DS (almost 5) made his together, and I made DDs. Then DH went into the hall to record their messages so we couldn't hear and it would be a surprise. Anyway, I play DD's 'Daddy bunny' for her a lot and ask if she hears Dada's voice, and I point to the Flat Daddy and say 'dada' and often I'll do the voice NEAR the flat daddy. She remembers him and with skype, she gets so excited when she sees him/hears him. Though, she's been a daddy's girl since she was born =]

I'm really hoping that when he returns she'll know exactly who he is and won't have trouble having him back home. So maybe that's an idea? They even have applications for a free FD if you're interested and might have a hard time with the funds for it.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM

What is a Flat Daddy?

I have never heard of that before....

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

My daughter was 6 months when DH deployed (he deployed roughly 2ish months ago). I got her and her brother a Flat Daddy, and then DH made them both stuffed animals with voice messages. We actually all went to Build A Bear together, he and DS (almost 5) made his together, and I made DDs. Then DH went into the hall to record their messages so we couldn't hear and it would be a surprise. Anyway, I play DD's 'Daddy bunny' for her a lot and ask if she hears Dada's voice, and I point to the Flat Daddy and say 'dada' and often I'll do the voice NEAR the flat daddy. She remembers him and with skype, she gets so excited when she sees him/hears him. Though, she's been a daddy's girl since she was born =]

I'm really hoping that when he returns she'll know exactly who he is and won't have trouble having him back home. So maybe that's an idea? They even have applications for a free FD if you're interested and might have a hard time with the funds for it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

LOVE my Flat Daddy! Basically a poster-size picture of your soldier from waste-up. I mounted mine on a foam board so it's stiff and not just a poster. 

flatdaddy.com

^^ Me and Flat Daddy for our New Years Kiss!

^^ DD playing with Dada. 

It just keeps him around and familiar. Another lady on CM saw it and said it would be awesome for her nephew, I think she said he had downs syndrome and his dad traveled a lot, so having a flat daddy would keep that comfort for him. And it helps DD to not forget him! (And I admit, I love having him, too. I took a picture with him for our 2 year anniversary, he's attended a few family get togethers...he doesn't miss a thing! lol I even have a picture of the first time DD pulled up on a toy to standing, with my flat daddy beaming in the background! lol!)

Quoting SierraLynn:

What is a Flat Daddy?

I have never heard of that before....

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Eating cake at a family bday party

anniversary

Christmas!

He doesn't miss a thing!

Google FlatDaddy. Click images. Some people get creative. It's really for the kids. But my DH has his own 'Adventures of Flat Daddy' album on FB hahaha

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM

actually when DD first started crawling, flat daddy was a goal for her to crawl to! hahaha
"Isabel-where's dada?" 

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I find that a little creepy, but whatever works for you.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

anniversary

Christmas!

He doesn't miss a thing!

Google FlatDaddy. Click images. Some people get creative. It's really for the kids. But my DH has his own 'Adventures of Flat Daddy' album on FB hahaha

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

like i said, it's more for the kids. DD knows who daddy is and what his voice sounds like so when he comes back, she won't be afraid of him.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

anniversary

Christmas!

He doesn't miss a thing!

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM
BTW, I like how the Christmas present is on his crotch, LOL.

The picture of her pulling his nose (or looks like she is) is cute.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

like i said, it's more for the kids. DD knows who daddy is and what his voice sounds like so when he comes back, she won't be afraid of him.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

anniversary

Christmas!

He doesn't miss a thing!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)