Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charleston, SC Anyone?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

We just got orders to Charleston AFB my husband is super excited it's on the same jet he is on now and it's close to his family--I am getting excited but it is taking me longer. 

Has anyone been stationed there or is anyone there now?  How did/do you like it?  Anything ideas about living off base too would be helpful, we know that new on base housing will be completed months after we get there and they will move us to a new house, but it's been years since we have lived on base and would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SRUsarahSC
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I live a few hours north but I visited the base for work many times--it's GORGEOUS, Charleston is amazing, you will love it.  There are multiple colleges nearby as well so rent is "higher" depending on what you are used to paying.  I'm not sure about what areas are crime ridden and which aren't so I would use a realtor to make sure you are in a good area.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE charleston!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My first was born there many many years ago.  It was our first assignment.  Summerville is a nice area.  Downtown is nice and touristy - during the day...

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Charleston so much, its part of my username. My family lives in Summerville. I could live in that area for the rest of my life and be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)