Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Stewart, Anyone?!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 2 Replies
I posted this already but I decided to report with a different title. My husband will be getting orders soon for us to move to Fort Stewart. Neither if us have been to that area and do not know much about it at all. I just wanted to know if you all could tell me more about it?
How are the schools on post?
How is the PX and commissary?
How is the housing?
Are there any family events on post?
You know, the usual stuff you want to know because you pcs. Thanks so much to all of you!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

You couldn't pay me to live on Stewart or in Hinesville. It is ghetto. My friend's dh is a teacher there and wouldn't send his children to the school where he teaches. I knew people moving off Stewart because the crime on post was bad.  I lived in Richmond Hill and it was nice.

That said, I loved Winn, The hospital on post.

karalinnebrown
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I live in Fort Stewart. Hinesville is not the best city but we have found homes in good neighborhoods but if we buy it is going to be in Richmond Hill. RH is a cute town but about a 30 minute drive to post, it is supposed to have wonderful schools as well. My children aren't of school age yet but my oldest should be starting a "special education" preschool on post soon (Autism). I enjoy living on post, it is very quite where I live and we have a 4-bed home. Unfortunately there is not a lot of family activities that I am aware of and I am certain my husbands frg disappeared. We have been here over a year and I have literally not met anyone but if you would be interested I can link you to some facebook groups to get better info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN