Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Just venting

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are PCSing about 4 months.  Plenty of time to sell and purchase a new home (cross your fingers).  And I am having my boob job in a week, which makes him anxious, he doesn't handel me in pain well. Plus my mom is coming to visit next week.  She isn't his favorite.  And he is testing for what ever E-7 is in the Air Force in the next month.  So to say the least he is stressed and I am too, but not as much.  Well when I tried showing him a house I liked, he tells me I am not sure if x dallors will be do able.  So I try talking to him about it and he shuts me down and we have a fight.  

I know he is stressing pretty good, all the physical signs are there, plus the oh so happy disposition of late.  And he being him can't talk about it yet.  So we fight, so much fun.

When do you all start house hunting? 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

We will nrvrt buy a home while he is in, and this is one if the reasons.

Good luck

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

We have always rented when we PCS, so I look about 2 months out.  You will be fine with the boob job. I was miserable for 2-3 days and back to work Ftwr 5 days.  My dh is stressed about promotion also, he is Army and his packet for E7 is getting looked at. I have no idea when we will know if he gets a sequence number.

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

We also do not plan on buying a home until DH is retired and we decide where to settle down. Too much stress buying and selling when you up and move every couple years.

DevilInPigtails
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Thank you ladies, with 2 large dogs and a cat renting is usually a bigger issue.  We will most likely just stay on base the houses were recently remodeled and seem nice, plus they supposedly plow the drive way and sidewalks which I am not looking forward doing! 

TippyD
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM

we drove down to the next duty station 2 months out for a weekend.... by the time we got everything accepted/closed etc, it was 6 weeks.. and I moved 2 weeks ahead of the husband...    as for how to do it, we made sure that we knew what the budget was ahead of time, that way when we got to where we were going we knew how much we were going to be spending.. we asked on local fb pages rough utility payments*and we have been right about where everyone said we would be:)*  what you think you can afford and what your husband is wanting to spend may be two different thngs..

TippyD
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Quoting DevilInPigtails:

Thank you ladies, with 2 large dogs and a cat renting is usually a bigger issue.  We will most likely just stay on base the houses were recently remodeled and seem nice, plus they supposedly plow the drive way and sidewalks which I am not looking forward doing! 

we lived in great lakes housing and they did not plow our driveway... they plowed walkways, but not sidewalks...*we had walkways to the park, and then sidewalks in front of the houses that connected to them.. the sidewalks were never plowed*

courtneycatt
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We put our house on the market 1 year before we PCS and it took a full 6 months to sell, our realtor wanted us to wait until 4 months prior I was like yeah right and I am glad we didn't listen to her, there are now 2 other houses down that street that are listed. 

We finally got our orders (we leave in June) and have started looking at houses and are working on a pre-approval for a loan to see what price range we should be looking at but I think we will still wait until we get there to make any offers.  We want to be FOR SURE that we like the area and house before we buy.  We bought a house before we got to the base we are at now and that was a BIG mistake and we regretted it everyday for the past 3.5 years. 

Keep in mind testing for master (e-7) is a big deal and it if is coming up soon I would wait until he is done before taking houses to him to look at.  As for your surgery it's super easy I had a mommy makeover done (breast and tummy tuck) was back to work in 2 weeks---it is not as bad as most people say. GOOD LUCK!

DevilInPigtails
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting courtneycatt:

We put our house on the market 1 year before we PCS and it took a full 6 months to sell, our realtor wanted us to wait until 4 months prior I was like yeah right and I am glad we didn't listen to her, there are now 2 other houses down that street that are listed. 

We finally got our orders (we leave in June) and have started looking at houses and are working on a pre-approval for a loan to see what price range we should be looking at but I think we will still wait until we get there to make any offers.  We want to be FOR SURE that we like the area and house before we buy.  We bought a house before we got to the base we are at now and that was a BIG mistake and we regretted it everyday for the past 3.5 years. 

Keep in mind testing for master (e-7) is a big deal and it if is coming up soon I would wait until he is done before taking houses to him to look at.  As for your surgery it's super easy I had a mommy makeover done (breast and tummy tuck) was back to work in 2 weeks---it is not as bad as most people say. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks, we usually take a weekend out to look at the final 5 houses with our realtor, it takes a long to find those 5 worth looking at, he is just being a butt.  You are probably right he is stressing over his test, they threw it at him after telling him wouldn't take it till he got back from a deployment so he didn't do well. I am sure his confidence is down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN