Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

My mom posted this on Facebook

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 27 Replies
9 moms liked this

I thought you ladies would get a kick out of it. I have one friend that complains when her husband has to work an out of town job for the day. While I understand that she is used to being with him all the time and a whole day is a lot for her, Facebook doesn't need to be updated with how miserable you are every two hours..

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM

hahahahahah

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM

(I have tons of friends who like to complain about that, too. They complain 97% more than I do.)

HarrisonMD
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Hahahahahaha...I love that!!!

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
11 moms liked this
Meh, we're used to it, they aren't.

I don't play the who suffers more game any more. It really serves no purpose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Beth on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I need that on my FB. I feel bad for NOT feeling "awe poor u" my reaction is whoopy freaking do. Try going for a year+ with him in a fireign land constantly worried. Ive gotten to just ignoring their pathetic whinning
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momalee40
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM
That is awesome ! My now dh and i were only together 6 mo before he deployed for almost a yr. That was a hard way to start a relationship but the good ones are worth waiting for. You have to have been there to know what its like thats for sure !
TippyD
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
3 moms liked this

this.. took me a few years of riding the "poor me, my husband is military and gone all the time" train, but I am with ya SJ....when you love someone, it doesn't matter if they are gone for 2 days, 2 months, or 20 months.. you miss them. period. 

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

mylifemylove864
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree. There really isn't a point. Missing someone is missing someone. It took recruiting duty for me to see that its just as hard when they are working long hours. Maybe even harder because there is always the possibility that he's coming home before bedtime that night. During deployments or tdy or whatever you know he's not coming home.

Quoting TippyD:

this.. took me a few years of riding the "poor me, my husband is military and gone all the time" train, but I am with ya SJ....when you love someone, it doesn't matter if they are gone for 2 days, 2 months, or 20 months.. you miss them. period. 

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TippyD
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

seriously!!!  could not agree mroe wiht this!

I agree. There really isn't a point. Missing someone is missing someone. It took recruiting duty for me to see that its just as hard when they are working long hours. Maybe even harder because there is always the possibility that he's coming home before bedtime that night. During deployments or tdy or whatever you know he's not coming home.

Quoting TippyD:

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

What a compassionate friend you are...

Quoting sahmw2010:

I need that on my FB. I feel bad for NOT feeling "awe poor u" my reaction is whoopy freaking do. Try going for a year+ with him in a fireign land constantly worried. Ive gotten to just ignoring their pathetic whinning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)