Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are you? Where have you been?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 65 Replies

Where are you posted? Where have you been posted? How did you like those places? Do you have a favorite?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I've only ever been to Fort Bliss, TX and I hated it. I'm originally from NY so I moved back home when DH deployed (He's getting out shortly after he gets back to the states-at least that's the plan!- so it's not a complete waste of money, as I won't be moving back down)

I've driven through Fort Drum once or twice though. ...Does that count for anything? Haha

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been all over the world and now I am here...  Each place is what you make of it.  Japan was by far my favorite...

pookie4907
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Right now we are stationed at Schofield Barracks, HI. Honestly, I LOVE it here. The weather is awesome 98% of the time. I've made some great friends, my son loves his school, and everything is walking distance from our house (px, commissary, school, park).

Prior to this, we were at Ft Hood, TX. I was so unhappy there. It was so incredibly hot, I barely ever went outside (I have heat-induced migraines). Our house on post was falling apart (I had maintenance in at least once a week), but we couldn't afford to move off post. The few friends I thought I had ended up turning their backs on me when I needed them the most. I was just so completely and utterly miserable the entire 3 years we were there.

Obviously my favorite so far has been Schofield. We've only been here for 8 months, but I've fallen in love with this island and I honestly wouldn't mind staying even after my husband's ETS date.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

We are in NoVa...before here was NC. I miss NC but VA is pretty decent and love it in a different way.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

We are in Germany right now, just left Fort Leonard Wood. Only reason Leonard Wood was better was I had my horses.

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM
We have been to Benning, Hunter Army Airfield and Ft. Lewis.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We have been stationed in Kings Bay, GA (where I'm from), Hawaii, Groton, Connecticut, and now Virginia.  We loved each place as we were at different places in our lives then:)

kerwolfe712
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Currently at Davis-Monthan in Tucson, before here we were at Presidio/Ft. Ord in Monterey.  DH also spent several months at Goodfellow in San Angelo, but it was a TDY en route so I opted not to go with him.  We both loved Monterey--it was beautiful and we loved running with the dog on the beach, hiking in Big Sur, bonfires on the beach in Carmel.  He hated what he was doing there though, so that kind of put a damper on it.  And we had no choice but to live on base because of the housing market there, and in Tucson, we've been able to buy a home for much less than BAH.  So both have there ups and downs.  I would love to go overseas more than going back to Monterey :) 

styler7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
We are in West Point, Ny.
The history here is pretty amazing.
I loved Ft Knox, and Ft Hood was my least favorite.
My husband disliked Ft Riley, and wouldn't mind going back to Germany.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adoptivemomof1
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

We have been in Augusta for what seems like forever- 6 years and counting. I do not care for the area but on the plus side have met some really nice people who I am sure will be friends even once we leave and head to Oahu in a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)