Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Chances of hubby deploying?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 21 Replies

My husband just left for basic (army) on sunday, and I heard something today that made me almost cry hysterically. We just found out I am 7 weeks pregnant. When he is done with AIT i will be around 5.5/6 months along. One of my professors told me today that he could deploy as soon as we get to his duty station. Is this true?? He is 13 Delta, and we don't know yet where we will be stationed. I'm so scared he won't be there to see the baby born, and that I will be too far away from family for someone to come out last minute notice to be with me... Does anyone know the likelihood of him deploying immediately??  Thanks!

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

It's a possibility, however at this point no one can say for sure yes or no...

SierraLynn
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yes, it is possible he could deploy shortly after arrival at his first duty station.

No one here can answer about the likelihood.

13D... field artillery, correct? He went to Benning didnt he?

thumble16
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

No, he went to Jackson. Which doesn't make much sense, because we live in Georgia, about 1.5 hours from Benning. Go figure :P

I really hope he'll at least be there for the birth and maybe the first month. :/

SierraLynn
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I hope so to for you. But things happen. My husband missed the birth of our first born. Sometimes, you just cant control whats going to happen in the military.

Quoting thumble16:

No, he went to Jackson. Which doesn't make much sense, because we live in Georgia, about 1.5 hours from Benning. Go figure :P

I really hope he'll at least be there for the birth and maybe the first month. :/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
JMmama
by Kara on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself. There is no way to predict what will happen that far down the road. Its possible, but who knows. I hope he gets to be there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It could happen. But, an asteroid could crash to the earth and kill us all. Don't worry about what might happen.
mommy2be77
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM
My hubby wa told that he would deploy once he got to his duty station. And get there nd he never did so you never know dh missed our second being born but you can't control the military
asaffell
by Ashley on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM

This.

Quoting cocoroo:

It could happen. But, an asteroid could crash to the earth and kill us all. Don't worry about what might happen.

TippyD
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

like others have said, it is the military things change. there is no guarantee he will be there, there is no guarantee he won't. With us, we were told that he was going to deploy before our wedding.. bumped it up a month, for him to be home, and my dad to be gone! *my dad got order 3 weeks before he deployed.. he would have missed our initial wedding date. he ended up leaving a week after we got married..my husband was suppose to be gone on our original date and ended up not leaving for a good 6 weeks after our original date. 

best military wife motto is 

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"

violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Quoting asaffell:

This.

Quoting cocoroo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN