Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Bliss Moms Click Here!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

spinning globe

Make friends with moms of Fort Bliss!

Post here to introduce yourself to the other moms of Fort Bliss in this thread.

Below is base information and important phone numbers. 
Share your tips, experiences, and advice about this base.

Fort Bliss- El Paso, TX

Located in El Paso, TX, Fort Bliss is home to 32nd Army Air and Missile Defense Command, 11th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, 31st Air Defense Artillery Brigade, Joint Task Force 6, U.S. Army Sergeant Major Academy and 204th Military Intelligence Batallion.

Main phone numbers:  Commercial (915)568-2121 or DSN 978-2121

Mailing address:  Fort Bliss, TX 79916-5000

Population:   12,226 active duty; 316 reservists; 14,502 family members; 6,347 civilians

Housing:  352 officer family units; 2,586 enlisted family units; 32 unaccompanied personnel units; wait from one to 24 months (915)568-2898

Temporary lodging:   565 temporary units; campground (915)565-7777

Army Community Service:   (915)568-4614/1132

Schools:  Three elementary schools and one high school on post run by El Paso Independent School District

Child Care:   Two centers for 592, six-month wait; 30 approved homes (915)568-5689

Health care:   330-bed medical center.  Appointments (915)569-2262; Tricare (915)680-7600

Ft. Bliss has a very large size commissary - (915)568-4022, a large exchange, a mall, and five shoppettes (915)562-7200.  Recreation at Ft. Bliss includes bowling, library, auto hobby, recreation facilities, theater, golf, gym, tennis, swimming, outdoor activities, camping, and stables

Internet:   www.bliss.army.mil/
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmamair
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Hi I'm at bliss and have no friends here really.  My name is Evelyn and I have a 3.5 year old

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hi! I'm currently not at Bliss... But my husband was stationed there and when he deployed I moved back home to wait it out and since he'll be getting out shortly after he returns we figured it was better for the kids and I to be with family, instead of alone, and then move up anyway.

What do you think of FB? Are you on post or off?

Quoting lilmamair:

Hi I'm at bliss and have no friends here really.  My name is Evelyn and I have a 3.5 year old

lilmamair
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM

BTW I love the flat husband dad  what a great idea.  I am off post if you like desert and hispanics then you should be fine.  I'm not happy here too many issues of mine not being taken care of.  I am bipolar and having a hard time getting treatment, the unit isn't supportive.  I am in the middle of addopting our baby and texas takes 6 months for the bio parent to take babies back.  I'm not big on desert as I deployed twice and have flash backs.  It's a border town and so we have purchased two guns and getting a concealed carry liscense.  I'm not taking any chances with our daughter.  some other woman love it here.  Realestate is inexpensive, and when you come I'll be here to chat.  Of yeah lots of little flea markets which is good.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Hi! I'm currently not at Bliss... But my husband was stationed there and when he deployed I moved back home to wait it out and since he'll be getting out shortly after he returns we figured it was better for the kids and I to be with family, instead of alone, and then move up anyway.

Quoting lilmamair:

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

haha glad to hear another hater of El Paso! I was there a year and a half (roughly, a flew back to NY a lot for personal reasons), and hated it the entire time. We took DS to a 'train museum' once and it was the tiniest freakin thing, and we drove next to the border on our way to get there. I was like, "What's that big fence for? ...WAIT. OMG IS THAT MEXICO???" and then was very shifty in my seat. Being that close to Juarez really freaked me out. (DH took me out just over the border to NM and taught me how to shoot, aim, load, and whatever. Not a gun fan, but I felt a little better knowing how to work the guns in our home) And I hate the heat. Like hate it. If it's 75, it's too hot, so of course the majority of the time I was there I was sprawled out in the living room in my underwear blasting the AC. It was just awful. If we went anywhere, the second we got home, I would strip down. haha

6 months for the bio parents to take the baby back?! EEK!! That seems like an awful long time! I wish you the very best!!

Quoting lilmamair:

BTW I love the flat husband dad  what a great idea.  I am off post if you like desert and hispanics then you should be fine.  I'm not happy here too many issues of mine not being taken care of.  I am bipolar and having a hard time getting treatment, the unit isn't supportive.  I am in the middle of addopting our baby and texas takes 6 months for the bio parent to take babies back.  I'm not big on desert as I deployed twice and have flash backs.  It's a border town and so we have purchased two guns and getting a concealed carry liscense.  I'm not taking any chances with our daughter.  some other woman love it here.  Realestate is inexpensive, and when you come I'll be here to chat.  Of yeah lots of little flea markets which is good.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting lilmamair:

lilmamair
by on May. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I'm the same way about juarez. I really don't like it, but it doesnt help they moved us from Hawaii to here. I have lost around 20 lbs because of the mental issues and the nervousness of the bio-mom. I don't care for the heat either, or the flash backs fort that matter. He has to reenlist the end of 2014 so we won't be here longer than we have to. Yeah the 6 month thing drives us crazy, one time she told us she didn't like where we took olivia and seemed to think she had that kind of say. So we walk on egg shells correcting her on those things because she's pretty immaature. Just can't wait til august
Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

haha glad to hear another hater of El Paso! I was there a year and a half (roughly, a flew back to NY a lot for personal reasons), and hated it the entire time. We took DS to a 'train museum' once and it was the tiniest freakin thing, and we drove next to the border on our way to get there. I was like, "What's that big fence for? ...WAIT. OMG IS THAT MEXICO???" and then was very shifty in my seat. Being that close to Juarez really freaked me out. (DH took me out just over the border to NM and taught me how to shoot, aim, load, and whatever. Not a gun fan, but I felt a little better knowing how to work the guns in our home) And I hate the heat. Like hate it. If it's 75, it's too hot, so of course the majority of the time I was there I was sprawled out in the living room in my underwear blasting the AC. It was just awful. If we went anywhere, the second we got home, I would strip down. haha

6 months for the bio parents to take the baby back?! EEK!! That seems like an awful long time! I wish you the very best!!

Quoting lilmamair:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting lilmamair:

ilovekeith12
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM
We are at dr bliss now !!!
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM

eek =[ well i hope the next few months really fly by!!  (Heck, the next year and a half too for that matter! lol)

I can't imagine Ft Bliss helping or even having no effect on your flash backs =[ It's gotta be like a constant reminder? That's really tough, I'm really sorry you have to endure that. 

And from Hawaii? UGH! Go from Paradise (or something, I've only seen pictures) to the armpit of the US? That's awful!!

Quoting lilmamair:

I'm the same way about juarez. I really don't like it, but it doesnt help they moved us from Hawaii to here. I have lost around 20 lbs because of the mental issues and the nervousness of the bio-mom. I don't care for the heat either, or the flash backs fort that matter. He has to reenlist the end of 2014 so we won't be here longer than we have to. Yeah the 6 month thing drives us crazy, one time she told us she didn't like where we took olivia and seemed to think she had that kind of say. So we walk on egg shells correcting her on those things because she's pretty immaature. Just can't wait til august
Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting lilmamair:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting lilmamair:

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM

how do you like it?

Quoting ilovekeith12:

ilovekeith12
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

It's ok !!! It's so far away from home . Dh has a pretty good company 

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

how do you like it?

Quoting ilovekeith12:

juju40
by on May. 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

wow you make El Paso sound worse than what it is....I've lived here all my life 45 years and I've never had a problem...you seen to forget that we were named one of the safest cities of our size...stop exaggerating

Quoting lilmamair:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting lilmamair:

patrioticpink ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)