Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Bragg Moms Click Here!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

spinning globe

Make friends with moms of Fort Bragg!

Post here to introduce yourself to the other moms of Fort Bragg in this thread.

Below is base information and important phone numbers. 
Share your tips, experiences, and advice about this base.

Ft. Bragg, NC

Located near Fayettville, NC, Fort Bragg is home to the 82nd Airborne Division, Army Special Forces Command and the XVIII Airborne Corps.

Main phone numbers:  Commercial (910)396-0011 or DSN 236-0011

Mailing address:  XVIII ABN Corps & Fort Bragg, Armistead and Macomb St., Fort Bragg, NC 28310-5000

Population:   45,000 active duty; 10,501 family members; 9,715 civilians

Housing:  4,752 family units; 250 leased houses in Hoke County; wait up to 18 months (910)396-3009

Temporary lodging:  681-room inn; four guest-house units (910)396-7700; campground (910)396-5979 

Army Community Service:   (910)396-8682

Schools:  Seven elementary schools, one middle school and one junior high school on post operated by the DoDDs

Child Care:   Four centers for 762, six-month wait; 132 approved homes (910)396-8110

Health care:   200-bed medical center.  Appointments (910)907-6451; benefits (910)907-6926; Tricare (800)931-9501

Fort Bragg has two commissaries - (910)396-7213, two large exchanges, and six shoppettes (910)436-4888.  Recreation at Fort Bragg includes bowling, library, auto hobby, golf, gym, tennis, swimming, outdoor activities, camping, fishing, and stables. 

Internet:   www.bragg.army.mil/ 
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
narumi74
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Hello, it is nice to be here. I haven't been here that long, less then a year and still a newlywed. It is a semi quiet city and liking it here. I hope to make friends on here! :)

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM

There are two commissaries and housing in Harnett County, too.

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Hi and welcome. I am in NC and very close to Ft. Bragg. My dh was Army/ 82nd for 17 years, due to health finished out his time in the reserves. We love it here, it seems a lot of people don't. But after almost 25 years, Fayetteville is home. We live outside of town in the country but if anyone needs info about the area let me know!

narumi74
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Hi, nice to meet you. I am glad I found someone to ask . Is there a Japanese tutor or lesson that I can set it up once a week or so for my pre teenagers?! I have tried to look for it online, craiglist and such but only the closest one I found was all the way Raleigh. Could you pls help me? Thank you.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Hi and welcome. I am in NC and very close to Ft. Bragg. My dh was Army/ 82nd for 17 years, due to health finished out his time in the reserves. We love it here, it seems a lot of people don't. But after almost 25 years, Fayetteville is home. We live outside of town in the country but if anyone needs info about the area let me know!

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Wow, all my years here and even after homeschooling my kids and running a group, I 've never had that request. I've looked and checked with friends. Nope. Rosetta Stone is what people are using for languages.

Quoting narumi74:

Hi, nice to meet you. I am glad I found someone to ask . Is there a Japanese tutor or lesson that I can set it up once a week or so for my pre teenagers?! I have tried to look for it online, craiglist and such but only the closest one I found was all the way Raleigh. Could you pls help me? Thank you.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

narumi74
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I was afraid of that being the only choice around here.. and thank you so much for helping me out! See with Rosetta Stone, it is for a beginners and my girls are in the elementary to middle school level. But I guess I could let them refresh themselves with it but have you used it? I know that my husband can get it for free through the army but since he is deployed and he checked it out for me overseas and now we are trying to figure out how I can get into the system and since it is night and day with our schedules we hardly get to skype.(

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Wow, all my years here and even after homeschooling my kids and running a group, I 've never had that request. I've looked and checked with friends. Nope. Rosetta Stone is what people are using for languages.

Quoting narumi74:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

jtsmommie0104
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hey ladies! I am also at bragg i have a two year old 

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Quoting narumi74:

I was afraid of that being the only choice around here.. and thank you so much for helping me out! See with Rosetta Stone, it is for a beginners and my girls are in the elementary to middle school level. But I guess I could let them refresh themselves with it but have you used it? I know that my husband can get it for free through the army but since he is deployed and he checked it out for me overseas and now we are trying to figure out how I can get into the system and since it is night and day with our schedules we hardly get to skype.(

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Quoting narumi74:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Most all the Rosetta Stone have 3 levels. Beginner, intermediate and advanced. 3 years
narumi74
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

okay..sounds good. I am going to ask my hubby again about it and try it! Thank you!! :)

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Quoting narumi74:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Quoting narumi74:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Most all the Rosetta Stone have 3 levels. Beginner, intermediate and advanced. 3 years

narumi74
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hi, welcome and nice to meet you! :)

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Hey ladies! I am also at bragg i have a two year old 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN