Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Carson Moms Click Here!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

spinning globe

Make friends with moms of Fort Carson!

Post here to introduce yourself to the other moms of Fort Carson in this thread.

Below is base information and important phone numbers. 
Share your tips, experiences, and advice about this base.

Fort Carson, CO

Located in the Rocky Mountains southwest of Colorado Springs, Fort Carson is home to 3d Brigade Headquarters, 43d Area Support Group, 10th Special Forces Group and the 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment. The population of Fort Carson includes 15,628 active duty, 65,576 family members, and 2,797 civilians.

Main phone numbers:  Commercial (719)526-5811 or DSN 691-5811

Mailing address:  Fort Carson, CO 80913-5000

Housing:  235 officer units; 1,596 enlisted units; 830 new units to be built; 24 single service member units; waiting period from 12 to 18 months (719)526-2322

Temporary Lodging:  186-room inn (719)526-2527/4832

Army Community Service:  (719)526-4590

Schools:  Three elementary schools and one middle school on post run by Foutain-Fort Carson School District

Child care:  Three centers for 1,099; 51 approved homes; average wait three months (719)526-1100

Health care:  195-bed hospital; clinic. Appointments (719)264-7000; benefits (719)264-5000; Tricare (888)874-9378

Fort Carson also has a very large commissary - (719)526-5644, a large exchange, a mall, and four shoppettes.  (719)576-4000.  Recreation at Fort Carson includes arts and crafts, bowling, library, auto hobby club, golf, gym, tennis, swimming pools, outdoor activities, fishing, and stables.

Internet:  www.carson.army.mil/
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarrykat44
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM

im katerina, i have a daughter who will be 2 this month, im also pregnant with another daughter thats due january 1st, my husband and i live off post and since im new to the area i have zero friends that dont mind having kids around when hanging out, i would like to meet other military wifes, so i can talk about deployments and how others handled them, see what there is to do in the springs with my young daughter.

SierraLynn
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
We live in Fountain. Been here Just about a year. I have 2 girls who are 4 and 1.

Quoting tarrykat44:

im katerina, i have a daughter who will be 2 this month, im also pregnant with another daughter thats due january 1st, my husband and i live off post and since im new to the area i have zero friends that dont mind having kids around when hanging out, i would like to meet other military wifes, so i can talk about deployments and how others handled them, see what there is to do in the springs with my young daughter.

luvmyb8bs
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
We live on Carson. I have two girls, 2 and 11 months. We've been here one year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Just got here a few months ago... need girlfriends to go out and have a beer with before I go crazy.... 

Mizuagi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Why are you anon?

I live on post on Carson. My husband and I have been here almost a month now. I've met a couple times with other ladies for coffee and to chat, but I also need someone to go out and do something with. Like see a movie, or lunch or just walk around at the mall. I dunno so much about shopping- trying to save money. haha. Or even see a movie at my place and just talk.

We don't have any kids, but we are trying- just having a bit of a hard time on getting pregnant. I need other human interaction besides my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just got here a few months ago... need girlfriends to go out and have a beer with before I go crazy.... 

jennkrzyz
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Hey I'm Jennifer. My husband and I bought a house in Falcon but I'm going to start working on post here soon. We too are trying to get pregnant but its taking a while....

Quoting Mizuagi:

Why are you anon?

I live on post on Carson. My husband and I have been here almost a month now. I've met a couple times with other ladies for coffee and to chat, but I also need someone to go out and do something with. Like see a movie, or lunch or just walk around at the mall. I dunno so much about shopping- trying to save money. haha. Or even see a movie at my place and just talk.

We don't have any kids, but we are trying- just having a bit of a hard time on getting pregnant. I need other human interaction besides my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mizuagi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Where on post are you working? I searched for jobs the other day and only one thing came up and I don't even know what the title was. haha.

I hope you guys get your baby soon. I was 6 months pregnant when we lost our baby and now we've been trying for almost 2 years. We were just told why I haven't been able to get pregnant and before we left Arizona, I was told I have to take Clomid- I still need to find a doctor here so I can start taking it. 

Quoting jennkrzyz:

Hey I'm Jennifer. My husband and I bought a house in Falcon but I'm going to start working on post here soon. We too are trying to get pregnant but its taking a while....

Quoting Mizuagi:

Why are you anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

jennkrzyz
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Yeah from what I hear its hard to get jobs there. I don't know though. I will be working for school and youth services.
That's good that you at least know what you need. Our doctor wouldn't check is for infertility till it had been a year, which is ridiculouse to me, but whatever. Are you going to try to go to the doctor on or off post?

Quoting Mizuagi:

Where on post are you working? I searched for jobs the other day and only one thing came up and I don't even know what the title was. haha.

I hope you guys get your baby soon. I was 6 months pregnant when we lost our baby and now we've been trying for almost 2 years. We were just told why I haven't been able to get pregnant and before we left Arizona, I was told I have to take Clomid- I still need to find a doctor here so I can start taking it. 

Quoting jennkrzyz:

Quoting Mizuagi:

Why are you anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mizuagi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I've been searching online and found a Woman's Clinic off post that seems somewhat similar to the one I would go to in Az. I'm going to see how that one is after all the holiday craze passes and I'll let you know... ? Unless you want to go and try it with me? haha.

Quoting jennkrzyz:

Yeah from what I hear its hard to get jobs there. I don't know though. I will be working for school and youth services.
That's good that you at least know what you need. Our doctor wouldn't check is for infertility till it had been a year, which is ridiculouse to me, but whatever. Are you going to try to go to the doctor on or off post?

Quoting Mizuagi:

Quoting jennkrzyz:

Quoting Mizuagi:

Why are you anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

jennkrzyz
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Yeah maybe! My doc is down in pueblo so I've been trying to find somewhere!

Quoting Mizuagi:

I've been searching online and found a Woman's Clinic off post that seems somewhat similar to the one I would go to in Az. I'm going to see how that one is after all the holiday craze passes and I'll let you know... ? Unless you want to go and try it with me? haha.

Quoting jennkrzyz:

Quoting Mizuagi:

Quoting jennkrzyz:

Quoting Mizuagi:

Why are you anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN