Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Sill Moms Click Here!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 32 Replies

spinning globe

Make friends with moms of Fort Sill!

Post here to introduce yourself to the other moms of Fort Sill in this thread.

Below is base information and important phone numbers. 
Share your tips, experiences, and advice about this base.

Ft. Sill, OK

Located 90 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, Fort Sill houses Army Field Artillery Training Command, Army Field Artillery School, Field Artillery Training Center and 3d Armor Corps Artillery. 

Main phone numbers:  Commercial (580)442-8111 or DSN 639-8111

Mailing address:  Fort Sill, OK 73503-5000

Population:   10,214 active duty; 36,513 family members; 7,208 civilians

Housing:  1,415 family housing units; 1,977 unaccompanied personnel spaces with 1,723 more under construction; wait up to 20 months (580)442-2302

Temporary lodging:   26 distinguished visitor units; 75-room guest house (580)442-5000

Army Community Service:   (580)442-5018

Schools:  Two elementary schools on post run by the Lawton school system 

Child Care:   Center for 265, two-month wait; 11 approved homes (580)442-3927

Health care:   157-bed hospital, seven clinics.  Appointments (580)458-2500; Tricare (800)611-2857

Fort Sill has a very large size commissary - (580)442-4373, a large exchange, a mall, and two shoppettes (580)248-7506.  Recreation at Fort Sill includes bowling, library, auto hobby, recreation facility, theater, golf, gym, tennis, swimming, outdoor activities, camping, and fishing.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof1234
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My name is Lisa and I have a set of twins. One of the boys are going to fort sill for bootcamp.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, my name is Donna

My daughter is at Ft Sill for basic.  I spent so much time getting her mentally and emotionally prepared that I forgot about myself.  It is very difficult.  I am trying to keep my mind off things but being a mother you always imagine the worst.  I just keep telling myself that my daughter is a strong person and that lots of other people manage to get through basic.  I am learning to use a computer (too stubborn to use one before now) so I hope to stay in better contact with her after basic.  I am also hoping to connect  with other army moms.  Believe it or not this is my very first post ever! 

antsmamabb
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM

My name is Melissa and my Son just got to Fort Sill today and I'm really struggling  I knew I would be upset but this is crazy.  I think that being new to this and not having a understanding of how all this works makes it harder.  I have no idea when I will hear from him.  So if anybody has anything to share with me that would be nice.

mommyof1234
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Hi my son is also at fort sill. He is 18. He got there a week ago. Last Friday he got hurt. He did something to his foot. They are doing x-rays. It is really hard to be here in Califorina and We can't do anything. He said It might take months to heal. I don't know what is going on??? He does call but not often. He has not started bootcamp yet. His unit is leaving Wednesday. He is not running or doing the thing everyone else is doing because he is hurt. We don't know if they keep him or send him home to heal??

So my husband and I are a mess we miss him very much his twin misses him so much.
My son at fort sill says they are treating him mean because he is hurt.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I understand! My son just left for basic on Monday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hello, my name is Donna

My daughter is at Ft Sill for basic.  I spent so much time getting her mentally and emotionally prepared that I forgot about myself.  It is very difficult.  I am trying to keep my mind off things but being a mother you always imagine the worst.  I just keep telling myself that my daughter is a strong person and that lots of other people manage to get through basic.  I am learning to use a computer (too stubborn to use one before now) so I hope to stay in better contact with her after basic.  I am also hoping to connect  with other army moms.  Believe it or not this is my very first post ever! 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

My son left for basic on Monday.

Whe  he arrived, I got a 28 second phone call from him telling me that he arrived safely, then he had to turn in his phone. I shoud receive his box of items in about 2 weeks along with his address to where I can send him mail.

Calls during basic are rare so it may be a while before you hear from him.

Quoting antsmamabb:

My name is Melissa and my Son just got to Fort Sill today and I'm really struggling  I knew I would be upset but this is crazy.  I think that being new to this and not having a understanding of how all this works makes it harder.  I have no idea when I will hear from him.  So if anybody has anything to share with me that would be nice.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Im sorry to hear your son was injured.

Quoting mommyof1234:

Hi my son is also at fort sill. He is 18. He got there a week ago. Last Friday he got hurt. He did something to his foot. They are doing x-rays. It is really hard to be here in Califorina and We can't do anything. He said It might take months to heal. I don't know what is going on??? He does call but not often. He has not started bootcamp yet. His unit is leaving Wednesday. He is not running or doing the thing everyone else is doing because he is hurt. We don't know if they keep him or send him home to heal??

So my husband and I are a mess we miss him very much his twin misses him so much.
My son at fort sill says they are treating him mean because he is hurt.

antsmamabb
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Today seems to be hard as well for me.  I have cried less than yesterday though.  I feel so emotional and just wish I could hear his voice.  

antsmamabb
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Im in Ca. too.  Im in So-cal where are you?

mommyof1234
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Hi I live in central califorina. Ya this is new to us too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)