Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Coronado Naval Base Moms Click Here!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

spinning globe

Make friends with moms of Coronado Naval Base!

Post here to introduce yourself to the other moms of Coronado Naval Base in this thread.

Below is base information and important phone numbers. 
Share your tips, experiences, and advice about this base.

Naval Base Coronado- San Diego, CA

Naval Base Coronado is comprised of Naval Air Station North Island and Naval Amphibious Base Coronado.  It is home to Commander, Naval Air Force; Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet; and commanders of Carrier Groups 1 and 7.  It is home port to USS Kitty Hawk, USS Constellation, and USS John C. Stennis.

Main phone numbers:  Commercial (619)437-1011

Mailing address:  Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, San Diego, CA 92135

Population:   Total of more than 30,000 active duty and civilians.  Up to 50,000 when all ships are in port. 

Housing:  More than 9,000 unaccompanied personnel units; 9,012 family housing units thoughout San Diego; average wait 18 months (619)556-8443

Temporary lodging:   190-unit Navy Lodge; 50 RV spaces (619)545-6940

Family Service Center:   (619)545-6071

Schools:  None on base. 

Child Care:   Three centers for 400, wait up to 18 months; 10 approved homes (619)545-6843

Health care:  Clinic. Appointments (619)532-9500; benefits (619)532-8328; Tricare (619)545-4319 

Naval Base Coronado has a medium size commissary - (619)545-6566.  Recreation at  includes bowling, library, auto hobby, recreation center, theater, golf, swimming, and outdoor activities.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShyanneS
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Going to be there this winter.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We just moved here!  DH will be stationed on North Island, but we live about 20 minutes north so I haven't gotten to explore the base much yet, just checked out the NEX once..  

supermommie1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I was born and raised in San Diego. That is where I meat my DH. Unfortunately we moved, to a very crappy location, However, we are going back later this year for a new ship.

RKL10
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Been here for about 2 almost three years but just found this website
Graceful87
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I've been stationed at NAS north island for almost 3 years and met my fiance here shortly after I got my orders here. We're both active duty and the proud parents of a 7mo lil boy. Any other active duty moms?
RKL10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM
How old is your son or daughter ?

Quoting TonyaLea:

We just moved here!  DH will be stationed on North Island, but we live about 20 minutes north so I haven't gotten to explore the base much yet, just checked out the NEX once..  

TAG9lbs
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I'm jen I was stationed there for 4 "interesting" years. My SO will be stationed here for 4 yrs. We have a 2 yr old. Getting active with an FRG group is highly recommended and for financial assistance SDMOM. San Diego Ministry Of Military. the thrift store at OLF on the Mexican American border has amazing sales on uniforms with the large number that are getting kicked out right now. Movie theatres on Navy bases are free and Cornado offers great kids weekend movie events. Don't race out to go see all the famous amusement parks in the area till Novemeber then hit ITT sometimes getting into Disney or Lego land is free or significant discounts during Thank the troops in Nov. Fiesta Island is a great play day area across from Seaworld and offers the best seats for 4th of July. If your SO is on duty the ship is a good spot for veiwing but take the kids to the park and run them around before visiting the ship which is NOT CHILD FRIENDLY. At least not to a child running around. The MCRD has amazing childrens events all year long primarily to those that live on base but they often don't stop anyone with a base pass and child from joining in. Best of Luck to all of you. Also visit Balboa a lot. 

TAG9lbs
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I was active duty and hope you are aware that SDMOM will help you cloth your child with lightly used clothes for the first 5 years and they have really nice stuff. There is also a Food Locker at MCRD that as long as you are E-5 and below you are welcome to all the free vegtables you think you might need. It was very helpfully to me cause of how my son inhales tomatoes he can eat 5 a day like an apple. Best of Luck to ya.

Quoting Graceful87: I've been stationed at NAS north island for almost 3 years and met my fiance here shortly after I got my orders here. We're both active duty and the proud parents of a 7mo lil boy. Any other active duty moms?

lil-mommy87
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I live just off the strand, my so is stationed on coronado and we have a new little boy, I have no friends in this area so if anyone is looking to make friends feel free to message me 😁
lil-mommy87
by on May. 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM
So I'm curious if any mom's on here are looking to make friends, my so is leaving for 4 months and I don't know anyone in the area and could use some friends who understand what I'm going through
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN