Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Dover Air Force Base Moms Click Here!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

spinning globe

Make friends with moms of Dover Air Force Base!

Post here to introduce yourself to the other moms of Dover Air Force Base in this thread.

Below is base information and important phone numbers. 
Share your tips, experiences, and advice about this base.

Dover Air Force Base

Dover Air Force Base is located in the center of the Delmarva (Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia) peninsula. The base is located two miles south of the city of Dover -- the capital of Delaware. Dover AFB covers more than 3,900 acres, has two runways, and 1,700 buildings. Capital assets and aircraft related equipment add $5.8 billion to the value of America's defense resources assigned here. The base supports 18 tenant units both on and off-base. It has an economic impact of more than $470 million on the local economy and ranks as Delaware's third largest industry. 

Dover AFB is home to the 436th Airlift Wing, known as the "Eagle Wing" and the 512th Airlift Wing, an Air Force Reserve associate referred to as the "Liberty Wing." The Dover Team’s mission is to provide strategic global airlift capability. In order to accomplish our mission, Dover AFB also houses the world’s largest aerial port, which moves more cargo than Federal Express and UPS combined. The port mortuary is the largest in the Department of Defense and plays a vital role as a place of honor where the remains of DOD personnel killed overseas are received. 

Main phone numbers:  Commercial (302)677-3000 or DSN 445-3000 

Mailing address:  Dover AFB, DE 19902

Population:   1,746 active duty; 5,101 family members; 1,149 civilians 

Housing:  100 officer family units; 1,478 enlisted family units; 704 dorm rooms for unaccompanied service personnel (302)677-6969

Temporary lodging:   335 visitor units; 24 temporary units (302)677-2841; campground (302)677-3959

Family Support Center:   (602)677-6930

Schools:  Two elementary schools, one secondary school on base run by Caesar Rodney School District 

Child Care:   Center for 250, two-month wait; six approved homes (302)677-3716

Health care:   Clinic.  Appointments (302)677-2858; benefits (302)677-2530; Tricare (302)677-2627/2408

Dover Air Force Base - Delaware has a large size commissary - (302)677-3915, a small exchange, a mall, and one shoppette (302)674-2515.  Recreation at Dover Air Force Base - Delaware includes arts and crafts, bowling, library, auto hobby, recreation center, theater, golf, gym, tennis, swimming, outdoor activities, and camping.  

Internet:   www.dover.af.mil/ 

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bentleyodom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugg! We just got stationed here and I can't find anyone that lives here!! Anyone exist?!

ccmvm
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I was there, miss the area and friends! (don't miss the base much though lol).

Quoting bentleyodom:

Ugg! We just got stationed here and I can't find anyone that lives here!! Anyone exist?!

bentleyodom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

What Area of Dover did you live at? What neighborhoods would recommend?

Lovearj
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Hi just seen your post I live in Dover my husband and I are station at trivet Air Force base

Quoting bentleyodom:

3angelshigh
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello,

My husband is stationed here in Dover, along with myself, our 2 daughters, and a third one on the way.

we have been here since June....and boy is it hard to make friends! The wives here seem to pretty much keep to themselves, and while we live on base, we seem to be in one of the few neighborhoods with kids older and younger than our girls.frustrated

AmayasMommie25
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Hello simple smile

My husband just got his orders for Dover AFB

anyone in this area? we will be there in July. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)