Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Chapter 18

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Does anyone have any information regarding this type of chapter.  Are there any websites you can recommend for additional information.

I know what Chapter 18 is: dismissal for weight control

My question is more for education benefits or VA for the service member.  As well as any medial benefits for family members.  I have children with chronic illness.  Also, how long does the process take, just trying to plan for the end of the school year and such.

Please no bashing, if you feel the need to bash..please take it somewhere else.  I'm not looking for any additional stress. 

thank you

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by Ashley on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Education benefits are dependent on whether the person has completed their first term of service. Medical benefits will expire the same way they do with any other honorable discharge - Tricare ends on the separation date. The service member can pay for Tricare for family members, but it's close to COBRA rates.The process depends on how quickly the command gets through it - no hard fast rules there.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

PP said it. I have nothing nice to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Sorry that your spouse couldn't get it together esp for your children. Not bashing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
He injured himself about 7 months ago. 4 physicians put in for a MEB, PCM denied it. He ha a no activity profile for 6 months. Failed by one pound.
Yes these are excuses but I support my DH 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry that your spouse couldn't get it together esp for your children. Not bashing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Unless he was in a complete body cast he could do some form of exercise or at least diet if his career was that important. IMO and you are right those are excuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

He injured himself about 7 months ago. 4 physicians put in for a MEB, PCM denied it. He ha a no activity profile for 6 months. Failed by one pound.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

How long has he been in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
7 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long has he been in?

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Agreed. Dead man's profile is no excise to just sit on your ass all day and expect to an exception to standards. Even while on profile you're expected to maintain regulation weight and do something physical, anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless he was in a complete body cast he could do some form of exercise or at least diet if his career was that important. IMO and you are right those are excuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

7 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long has he been in?

Don't know if this will help but here you go III. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?

Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
 thought it was an unspoken known fact that even on profile you know to stay within regs. I've known people on profile and they workout on the down low to make sure they are good to go once the profile is up. 
Quoting SierraLynn:

Agreed. Dead man's profile is no excise to just sit on your ass all day and expect to an exception to standards. Even while on profile you're expected to maintain regulation weight and do something physical, anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)