Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Assembly required? I got this.

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:06 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
I had DH get me a bookshelf. Just one of those cheapo ones at target, so I could actually organize our movies. He did. And then decided he didn't want to put it together. So I decided I would!

I got his tools out (yes. A life threatening choice already.) and started putting it together myself.

When I'm almost done, he comes out of his mancave, after I dunno how many beers, and starts laughing at me. He then proceeds to try to show me how it's done. Remember, I was almost done at this point.

He stands up the bookshelf, ignores the instructions, asks me what to do with each piece 3 times, tells me my instructions are terrible, and puts the shelves on crooked. I told him he was drunk and needed to let me do it.

He's now sulking because I also told him I wouldn't put his tools away. I could lie and say I will, but we all know I never do, I will put them in random drawers throughout the house so we never know where the hammer or screwdrivers are.

Buuuuut, my shelf looks great now, and I have space to organize and declutter the living room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Yea for doing it. I kept pestering my husband to put my elliptical together. He wouldn't. I opened the box, pulled the stuff out, lo and behold he started doing it. Thats how mine is. Glad you can declutter and organize.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay for you!  Now, could you please come over and put together my Bowflex?  Still isn't done since we moved...a year ago.  :)

TippyD
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM

pictures or it didnt happen.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this
I've done that. Dh was looking at a shelf (from target, too) I assembled during his last trip.

Dh: I hate to tell you, but you put this together the wrong way.

Me: I put it together exactly the way I wanted to.

End of story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Love it! My friend and I put 2 together when our husbands were deployed. Got them together and one leaned. We had it upside down. Her plan was to place the leaning one next to the wall with the other on the other side. Worked for her!

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I've done that. Dh was looking at a shelf (from target, too) I assembled during his last trip.

End of story.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Omg - that's what I did! I didn't like the way it looked, so I put it on its side by a wall.

It's for baskets and toys. I probably should make certain it won't collapse under a ton of Legos.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Love it! My friend and I put 2 together when our husbands were deployed. Got them together and one leaned. We had it upside down. Her plan was to place the leaning one next to the wall with the other on the other side. Worked for her!

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

End of story.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband can't put anything together.
The girls bunk beds were the most comical sight I had ever seen.

My 10 year old(who was 7 at the time) was reading him the directions after he gave up on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I put a whole computer desk together, took me 6 hours to do it and I was in really bad pain the next day, but it looks great!

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried assembling a hot wheels racetrack thingie but gave up because I ran out of wine. It's in the garage sale pile.

blondie.mom
by Charity on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Dh isn't allowed to put ANYTHING together. Ever. We bought a cheap shelf for the play room.......he had to take it apart 3 times (because who needs instructions!) before I finally kicked he off the project and did it for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)