Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I just found a jar of pickles....

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

in a box labeled "decor."  Our moving truck arrived on Friday and I am still unpacking, and finding some amusing labeling on some of these boxes.  One box was labeled "office supplies," but was full of cookbooks and spices.

Ever had any amusing (or not amusing) finds while unpacking?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The movies packed my BOB one time. It was all wrapped up in packing paper. I thought I had gotten rid of it before the packers came, guess not. I threw it away after I unpacked it.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

hahahah!!

Not me. I've always packed everything up myself. (Well. Except for when I moved from NY to TX, but I had all my stuff in boxes ready, and then when the movers came my dad slipped in a stand-up hamper with a huge teddy bear I had as a kid. lol)

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

We moved ourselves, so no good stories from me.

JennyCaps
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Last time we moved I was running late coming home from the Doctors with the kiddos so dh was there for the movers. Since I hadn't got home first I was not able to put away our collection of adult toys. Dh completely forgot about them and was in the room when the movers uncovered them. Dh was mortified!! I still think it is funny :)

Quoting cocoroo:

The movies packed my BOB one time. It was all wrapped up in packing paper. I thought I had gotten rid of it before the packers came, guess not. I threw it away after I unpacked it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Nothing exciting...  When we moved back to the states, they only brought 5 of our 11 crates the first day.  Mind you it had three out of four pieces to my littlest ones bed (he has a twin sized race car bed) and no mattress so that was useless...

SierraLynn
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM

When we moved from Knox to Benning I found a random cell phone in a box. Guess it fell out of the guys pocket into the box and he didnt notice. I called the company and they said they would try to figure out who's it was but I never got a call back. I think DH threw it away after a few months...

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM

My car keys! The guy was packing up my kitchen, handed me my grandmothers ring, and a set of hubbys keys. Next thing I know is that evening I couldn't find my keys. Hubby freaked, I said they were just packed. Sure enough found them. Also found it funny they wraped loose papers in paper. I was like what are they protecting?

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Put them in your curio cabinet. I'm sure they'll look great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TippyD
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

diapers in with kitchen office supplies.  the office was upstairs and the diapers were downstairs.. TOTALLY opposite sides of the house.. still trying to figure that one out!

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

LOL that's funny. We had one move where I think they labeled boxes and then just put whatever in them they wanted. I had office supplies and kitchen utensils together. The dog food bowl and leash were in a kitchen box. My telephone (house phone) was in with pillows and throws from the living room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN