Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Need support

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 24 Replies
Hi, I am new to being a military wife. my Dh is in basics right now and I am back home with our two little ones. I have one friend who is a military wife as well but she lives in another state. I've been told that I need to surround myself with other wives as no one else will understand what i'm going through so here I am! I look forward to meeting and getting to know all or some of you ladies.
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hi, Welcome to to the group. How old are your kiddos? Which branch is your husband doing basics for?

Pugsmuggler
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group :) I have several friends who aren't not affilated with the military who are understanding and super great support, so don't rule out civilian wives :P 

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I have few friends that are military wives.  I do just fine.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM

hi

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
This is the same for me.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Welcome to the group :) I have several friends who aren't not affilated with the military who are understanding and super great support, so don't rule out civilian wives :P 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimitrimom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Quoting BambiEyes26:

Hi, Welcome to to the group. How old are your kiddos? Which branch is your husband doing basics for?

i have a 22 month old and a 9 month old. He is in the Army
BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I have a 2 yr old daughter and 1 yr old twin boys. The guy I'm interested in is in the Army, he checks into his new duty station on Sunday. So, the Army stuff is new to me. Militarywise, my ex was in the Marines, so I got used to the deployments and such. I'm here, if you ever need to talk, feel free to message me. Good group of ladies in this group :)

Quoting Dimitrimom:

Quoting BambiEyes26:

i have a 22 month old and a 9 month old. He is in the Army

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I don't know who told you to surround yourself with Military wives. We're a bunch of snarky bitches. ;) Rabid wolves if you will.

Seriously, none of my close friends are military affiliated in any way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it bad that I am not the least bit offended when called a snarky bitch or rabid wolf?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't know who told you to surround yourself with Military wives. We're a bunch of snarky bitches. ;) Rabid wolves if you will.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Lol, naw. I wear it like a badge of honor.

Quoting cocoroo:

Is it bad that I am not the least bit offended when called a snarky bitch or rabid wolf?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN