Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

East coast Army bases....?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 37 Replies

Alrighty, so DH is working on reenlistment, and his first request (knox) was not available. He has another he will be trying for (Campbell), but then we have no other ideas. Yes I realize we may not get a choice at all, but his reenlistment NCO is asking for a list, and he's checking each one for slots :)

Where have you been on the eastern half of the country, and how did you like it? Where would you choose, if possible?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Here's a bump for you!

xtriciax
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM

im at ft gordon GA... i HATE it lol there is nothing to do her in augusta for us. we are a more outdoorsy family and just dont like it here. we are headed to alaska in 6 wks

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
We've been at Bragg for 18 years, so that's all I know - I have no basis for comparison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We are at Fort Lee. Counting down the days until we are gone!!! We do not like it here at all. Yes, it is close to D.C, and there is alot of historic areas to visit in the state of VA, but it's the people here. I'm from the midwest and DH is from CA so it's been a rough few years. We are both pretty laid back people and tried to make decent friendships out here, but really, its rough. In our expierience, people are pretty "stuffy" and don't seem to have a sense of humor much.

sahmw2010
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I am actually living it here at FT benning GA. But coming from FT Polk LA this is paradise. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Oh yes, I know so well that there is nothing to do at Fort Polk. The only saving grace for us was that we are both from New Orlean so we could drive home to see family most weekends.

Quoting sahmw2010:

I am actually living it here at FT benning GA. But coming from FT Polk LA this is paradise. Lol

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Yep! Lived in that area for 5 years. You are so right about the people and the attitudes. While we were there they only real friends we made were people that were not from that area. They ate very stiff and stuffy. And everyone is always in a hurry. We are from the Big Easy so we don't do anything quickly! Lol.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

We are at Fort Lee. Counting down the days until we are gone!!! We do not like it here at all. Yes, it is close to D.C, and there is alot of historic areas to visit in the state of VA, but it's the people here. I'm from the midwest and DH is from CA so it's been a rough few years. We are both pretty laid back people and tried to make decent friendships out here, but really, its rough. In our expierience, people are pretty "stuffy" and don't seem to have a sense of humor much.

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Bragg has been my only stomping grounds as well. I do not mind it, although all my friends have moved but that isn't Braggs fault. Lol

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

We've been at Bragg for 18 years, so that's all I know - I have no basis for comparison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I would def say Bragg. We have not lived there, we have only been to visit but it is def one of our choices on our list next year.
Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM

i live a couple hours from fort drum. If you like changes in weather, go for it =] But I know nothing about the actual base.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)