Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Last day home before BCT

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
What did you and your soldier do on his very last days home before he left for BCT?
Just stay home or did you go out do something special?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Hugs mama!  I have no idea what BCT is...my husband is Navy, and he was already in when I met him.  Good luck!  I know these ladies here will have some wonderful ideas for you...they are extremely creative:)

NorCalMom09
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

We went out to dinner with family & friends and then spent time in our hotel room just the family. 2 days before he left for MEPS we took our daughter to the zoo and then out shopping at the big mall with her just doing stuff as a family.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM
BCT: basic combat training

And myself and dh were both already in when we met. But for deployments, we just stay home and relax. But this last time we went and got me some new glasses. But that only took an hour...

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  I have no idea what BCT is...my husband is Navy, and he was already in when I met him.  Good luck!  I know these ladies here will have some wonderful ideas for you...they are extremely creative:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM
He was already in when I met him. But we stay home and relax the last few days before he leaves for any length of time. He prefers to bring a memory of our "normal" with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Thank you:)

Quoting SierraLynn:

BCT: basic combat training

And myself and dh were both already in when we met. But for deployments, we just stay home and relax. But this last time we went and got me some new glasses. But that only took an hour...

Quoting darbyakeep45:

TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Got pregnant with DD1 ;-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rhodin
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM

The last time DH left (earlier this month), we celebrated ODD's birthday early since he was leaving the day of.  He'll be back the day after YDD's birthday.  It's a good thing these kids aren't old enough to be good with dates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)