Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

First time deployment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
How do you prepare for this? This will be his second one but the first since we've been together.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Spend time together. Don't let emotions rule over you. Keep busy like with work, school, doing stuff with your kids... Etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Keeping busy helps me the most!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Are any of you part of an FRG?
I haven't much good about those things lol.
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I didn't really prepare. Well. We went to Build-A-Bear as a family and he and DS (4 at the time) made DS a dog today and I made DDs bunny (she's just a baby so the experience of making it with Daddy wouldn't be as special to her as it was for DS) and then DH put a recording in each of them. Other than that, I kept telling myself we had tons of time and then when it was time to get ready for him to go and me to move back home, we were just so busy that by the time I realized it, we were both gone. Stay busy and do things together. And when he's gone, STAY BUSY some more. Get into routines, schedules, whatever. 

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM
OP: My FRG is ok. I think it might be because my dh's unit is all male, so most of the wives are involved. Just stay busy, enjoy your time together, be positive, don't shut down when he leaves.
violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Quoting SierraLynn:

Spend time together. Don't let emotions rule over you. Keep busy like with work, school, doing stuff with your kids... Etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Just spend as much time together as you can.  These ladies have the right ideas.  Have mini goals or focuses while he's gone...things you want to do and work towards.  Personally, I'm not a fan of FRGs...I don't have anything to do with them...not my thing.  Just a personal preference:)

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM

The only I really do to prepare myself is try and put it at the back of mind. Worrying about it does no good and it makes the last few weeks/months before they leave miserable.

narumi74
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I feel your pain.. I am in the same boat with you! My hubby deployed overseas last month and he will be gone for a whole year! It is also our first time since we have been together and just got married actually in December. We have been skyping maybe once in few days and he tells me that now that he has us as part of him, he never missed anything or anyone as much as he misses us. So to prepare or continue to wait for him, we stick together and try to stay busy! We can help and support each other!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Can I add you? I don't know any one here who can relate so don't really have anyone to talk to about it!

Quoting narumi74:

I feel your pain.. I am in the same boat with you! My hubby deployed overseas last month and he will be gone for a whole year! It is also our first time since we have been together and just got married actually in December. We have been skyping maybe once in few days and he tells me that now that he has us as part of him, he never missed anything or anyone as much as he misses us. So to prepare or continue to wait for him, we stick together and try to stay busy! We can help and support each other!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)