Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Marine girlfriend in need of advice and feed back!!

Hello I'm new to this and figured I'd find a group that could relate to me and my situation and I thought no one better than other military girlfriends, wife's, moms etc. I'm new to dying a military man and need advice on how to handle the mood swings because of work anger and the ups and downs with a military relationship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
kiermac1
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Once again he's in the army... you can't imagine what he does on a daily baises... so when he snaps, try and make it better or let him go to calm down so you don't argue more! Army men can argue way better than anyone, and then never back down from an arguement.. he's been in 7 years, tell me how would your mood be after deployments, field work, and just straight bs that most people don't deal with ever? Your mood would be snappy and kinda stressed to. If you can't handle the army life get out now, before you commit to it.

Quoting soonergirl980:

I would not put up with that especially from someone I was only dating.

Quoting Distance-lover:

He's been in for 7 yrs and has deployed several times. Sometimes when we talk he is stressed bc of issues at work and always seems to et short or snappy with me.

soonergirl980
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband is in the Army has been for 11 years with multiple tours down range, field work, and all kinds of bs. He still manages to treat me with love and respect. I committed a long time ago it is not an excuse to be treated like that all the time. Sure every once in awhile we all get bitchy but we reconginize it and apoloigize. It should never be the norm if that was norm while I was dating I would move on.

Quoting kiermac1:

Once again he's in the army... you can't imagine what he does on a daily baises... so when he snaps, try and make it better or let him go to calm down so you don't argue more! Army men can argue way better than anyone, and then never back down from an arguement.. he's been in 7 years, tell me how would your mood be after deployments, field work, and just straight bs that most people don't deal with ever? Your mood would be snappy and kinda stressed to. If you can't handle the army life get out now, before you commit to it.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting Distance-lover:

He's been in for 7 yrs and has deployed several times. Sometimes when we talk he is stressed bc of issues at work and always seems to et short or snappy with me.

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Thank you!!! I work all day as a teacher and I come home and take care of my husband, our kids, and our home home. This (CM) is really the only time I even interact with other adults during the day. We all have our rough days and sure my husband's may be even rougher, but this is the life we chose. That gives neither us any right to treat the other like crap.

Quoting soonergirl980:

My husband is in the Army has been for 11 years with multiple tours down range, field work, and all kinds of bs. He still manages to treat me with love and respect. I committed a long time ago it is not an excuse to be treated like that all the time. Sure every once in awhile we all get bitchy but we reconginize it and apoloigize. It should never be the norm if that was norm while I was dating I would move on.

Quoting kiermac1:

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting Distance-lover:

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
And my husband has been in for 15 years.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

This.  Exactly.  She took the words out of my mouth.  Hugs OP!

Quoting MrsMalsam:

Lol this absolutely cracked me up.

OP- it just comes with the territory. You'll learn what works for you and what doesn't. Sometimes stress from work just needs to be left at the door. When my Dh has a tough day, he doesn't want to talk about it when he gets home. He cools off on his 20 min drive home and the rest of the evening is ours. If its really bad, sometimes he will mention it just so I know what he's facing, but that's about it.

From your side, don't pry. Don't beg to know what's happening. Don't be surprised if you don't understand. Just support him and give him time to cool off if he's had a really bad day.
When he walks in the door, don't just badger him about the events in your day. Ease into it and don't bombard him. He just walked in the door.

Quoting Anonymous:

well, first of all when Dying a military man, you must let soak for 20 hours in whatever color you want them, wring out to dry and beat with a broom till all wrinkles are out.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Too funny!

oP, I don't have any good advice. I just thought this response was cute :). 

Quoting Anonymous:

well, first of all when Dying a military man, you must let soak for 20 hours in whatever color you want them, wring out to dry and beat with a broom till all wrinkles are out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN