Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

So I got 'singled out' at dhs work... *edit

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 93 Replies

DH just called. He said about 7 guys from the unit got an email making sure their spouses email was correct because they have not participated in any of the events/socials. I don't want to participate in anything. I have plenty of things to do here at home and quite frankly I would rather gouge my eyes out then to go to any of these 'socials'  Guess I am feeling bad for dh because he got this email. I dont want to make him look bad at work  but ugh. I am just not into it, never was.

*edit. They have my correct info, I decline the events by the rsvp date like you are supposed to.

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Have they emailed you about events?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

When my friends husband was still in service she used to host some different social events for the wives and some holiday parties for the kids.   Militayr life is very different and family (especially wives) involvement is a big part of it.   You may not like it but it really is something you should do.   

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Oh of course. I decline the  E invitation by the rsvp date like you are supposed to.

TippyD
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

it is always good for them to at least have your info. that way, you can be notified about events, ours emails commy closings, base power outages, events, meeting, special USO events!like seasame street live, free zoo nights, etc*   you dont have to participate.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I would just ask to be removed from the list. I've never been on any kind of email list and I've been a military spouse for nearly 13 years, lol. Just so happens dh forwarded me an email today asking if I want to be added to the mailing list for spouse events. The email says if I decide I don't want I be active with the events to just let them know and they will remove my email from the list. I doubt I will even respond o give them my email.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Oh of course. I decline the  E invitation by the rsvp date like you are supposed to.

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I never go to anything or RSVp. They don't bother my dh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
They don't bother with events. I'm on the Facebook group, but never reply. I'd think they have more to do than care what a spouse does
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I go to stuff like that very rarely. Like, the only reason we went to my husbands unit Christmas thing was because he mentioned Santa woudd be there in front of our 3 year old. So then I felt obligated to go for her since she was so excited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carlyshort
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
5 moms liked this
I think that is just a ideology.

Wives ( husband's)do not need to do anything. Military life is a career and a spouse's involvement is not in any way important or part of it.
Lifetime army wives: yes.
Real life military wives: no

Quoting awesomemommy2:

When my friends husband was still in service she used to host some different social events for the wives and some holiday parties for the kids.   Militayr life is very different and family (especially wives) involvement is a big part of it.   You may not like it but it really is something you should do.   

awesomemommy2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I think alot of it depends on the size and location of the base. For alot of families they are far from home and their base family becomes very important to them. I think for many the spouse and family events give the wives a sense of inclusion.

Quoting carlyshort:

I think that is just a ideology.

Wives ( husband's)do not need to do anything. Military life is a career and a spouse's involvement is not in any way important or part of it.

Lifetime army wives: yes.

Real life military wives: no

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)