Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Your thoughts?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 19 Replies
My BIL (hubby's bro) met a woman online while on deployment. They began planning their wedding before he even got back. He came back from deployment and they have spent maybe a couple of days here and there together. What are your thoughts about getting married after such a short time and an even shorter time actually spending time together? I really don't care either way, it's their lives but my husband is not dealing well at all. I get that it's his baby brother, but they are going to do what they want. He gets mad at me for accepting the situation. I told him to talk to his brother but he pretty much just talks at him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I find it odd and wouldn't personally do it.
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Who are you kidding? Lol You know you would!

Quoting cocoroo:

I find it odd and wouldn't personally do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtriciax
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

thats how me and hubby meet. on myspace while he was in iraq. i moved up to his hometown and became friends with his friends and we meet through  them. we "dated" 6 months then he got 3 weeks R&R and we got engaged at the end of it. he went back for 4 more months and we got married 2 months after he got back. we have now been married almost 5 yrs. it was hard not gonna lie you can hide alot about oneself online. we struggled but we are in a great place now. 

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Sometimes it works out... One of my HS friends did that and they have been married for like 8 years

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

What the hell is the rush? I don't think I would be extremely happy about it.  Yeah, it's their life - blah blah blah, doesn't mean I have to like it. 

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

they should continue their virtual relationship with a virtual wedding, virtual kids, virtual pets...

just relocate to sims and everything will be great.

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM
That's what I think they should do!!! Yeah I don't understand the rush either. Yeah neither of us think its a great idea. But my hubby is fighting it tooth and nail and kicking and screaming! I told him he should come to some kind of peace with it. I guess...

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

they should continue their virtual relationship with a virtual wedding, virtual kids, virtual pets...

just relocate to sims and everything will be great.

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't/couldn't do that. But is their lives and all you can do is support them, and be there if things fall apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM

My brother and SIL did similar to that. They were both deployed to Iraq, but different areas. They met in Kuwait waiting for a plane ride home, split their leave with families and together (3 days with family, 3 days together, and then 3 days back with family), saw each other in Kuwait again for 2ish days, came home 6 molnths later and got married. They just celebrated their 7th anniversary this past January. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

How old is this baby brother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)