Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Why the Military?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

What made you and/or your spouse decide to join the military? 

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SierraLynn
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to serve my country and do what I thought was right. It was my dream since I was young.
My dh wanted to join, but wasn't sure about it for years and his girlfriend held him back from it. Eventually he got in trouble for some stiff, and the judge asked him what he was doing with his life. He said he was going to school for law enforcement amd had thought about the military a lot. The judge liked his amswe I guess and it being dh first offense went with enlistment. Dh and his recruiter had to prove his enlistment to the judge the day he signed his contract. Broke up with his girlfriend and left a week later. He says that it was the best decision of his life because he loves what he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM
It's what he always wanted to do since he was a boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

My dh had wanted to be in the military from the time he was a child.  

JennyCaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Dh always wanted to be in the military. He was an Army brat and his whole family is/was military.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

DH joined because he knew he needed to clean up his act if he wanted to get anywhere in life. He's doing what he loves and something that he can be proud of.

mlogsdon
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My DH had always wanted to join. He did JROTC through high school, and enlisted as soon as he was able.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My Dh's grandfather was a ret Col in the Army.  He served in WWII and was a part of the raid in the Eagles Nest.  My dh was pretty much raised by the man and he was (and still is) his hero.  He wanted to follow in his footsteps and serve his country with the same love and honor his grandfather did.

CortezDeCrock
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM
My husband always wanted to be soldier since he was a little boy. Most of the men and some of the women in his family are military. He did ROTC in high school and enlisted as soon as made 18 while still in high school. He left for BCT right after high school graduation. I really wanted to join the Army also since high school. Right after high school I had gone through most of the process to enlist when I found out I was pregnant. I decided to go to college and eventually my desire to become a soldier diminished. So here we are 15 years later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Is his grandfather still around? He's gotta be so proud!!

Quoting jas_momof2:

My Dh's grandfather was a ret Col in the Army.  He served in WWII and was a part of the raid in the Eagles Nest.  My dh was pretty much raised by the man and he was (and still is) his hero.  He wanted to follow in his footsteps and serve his country with the same love and honor his grandfather did.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Babies change plans so much don't they!? I found out I was pregnant 2 days after graduation and while I didn't want to join the military, I wanted to go to school to be a nurse. I ended up going to community college and taking only 2 classes to keep my mind busy that fall. lol.

Quoting CortezDeCrock:

My husband always wanted to be soldier since he was a little boy. Most of the men and some of the women in his family are military. He did ROTC in high school and enlisted as soon as made 18 while still in high school. He left for BCT right after high school graduation. I really wanted to join the Army also since high school. Right after high school I had gone through most of the process to enlist when I found out I was pregnant. I decided to go to college and eventually my desire to become a soldier diminished. So here we are 15 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN