Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

elderly woman got rude with me today

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 21 Replies
I had to go to the Med group for a checkup on my foot. ( tore ligament) I apparently was wheezing and the pcm prescribed some steriods, said its probably allergy related.

Go to pharmacy and check in as active duty in uniform. ( I am ad and I was in uniform. Came there from work, to just go back to work..)
I.got called to check in my script about 5 minutes later.
This older woman stands up and says that's it! I am so tired of being pushed back because you all are first! I've been waiting here for over a stinking hour just to check my script in! This is ridiculous!

Lmfao.

I apologized to her and said ma'am I have to get back to work. Sorry you've been waiting so long but it isn't my fault.

Her elderly husband was beat red. Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtimesx4
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh yes, unlike wine, the rath of the dependapotamus does not get better with age.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM
13 moms liked this
I think referring to someone who is older than you, and whose husband is most likely a veteran of Vietnam, Korea or WW2, as a dependapotamus is completely classless.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Ahh yes, unlike wine, the rath of the dependapotamus does not get better with age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM
4 moms liked this

I try not to, but I whine almost every time I got to the pharmacy. Having to wait at least an hour, sometimes closer to 2-3 hours, is ridiculous. I went in once with two people in front of me. A sea of AD came in and it went from 2 people to 15 people. No offense to you or anyone else that needs to go in uniform (and I understand why you guys go first), but there needs to be a better system.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM

And pretty stupid...

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I think referring to someone who is older than you, and whose husband is most likely a veteran of Vietnam, Korea or WW2, as a dependapotamus is completely classless.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Tish_Hughes
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I agree. I don't always go in in uniform but it takes FOREVER.

Quoting usmclife58:

I try not to, but I whine almost every time I got to the pharmacy. Having to wait at least an hour, sometimes closer to 2-3 hours, is ridiculous. I went in once with two people in front of me. A sea of AD came in and it went from 2 people to 15 people. No offense to you or anyone else that needs to go in uniform (and I understand why you guys go first), but there needs to be a better system.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Yup - it's called frustration.  I hate waiting and seeing yourself go from "next" to 40th sucks...  You can have all the understanding in the world, but it still sucks...

and that doesn't make anyone a "dependa"...  What an asinine word...

Quoting usmclife58:

carlyshort
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I agree with you but frustration doesn't give anyone the right to yell at someone who doesn't control the rules.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Yup - it's called frustration.  I hate waiting and seeing yourself go from "next" to 40th sucks...  You can have all the understanding in the world, but it still sucks...

and that doesn't make anyone a "dependa"...  What an asinine word...

Quoting usmclife58:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:41 PM

How rude of her!  I'm sorry that happened!  When I have to go to the pharmacy...which is quite frequently to be honest...I plan to go during my son's school or therapy time so that I have time to wait a while if that's the case.  At least I try to time it that way:)   You never know what will happen!  But, I get most of his meds at a major MTF which has a HUGE pharmacy with LOTS of open windows...even with AD ahead of me, I'm usually in and out within 30-60 minutes...on average.  That's a good wait:)  LOL!

ccmvm
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

shoot, i drop it off then come back later. Usually I ask them what the wait time looks like and i'll hit up the commissary or something and swing back to pick up.

mlogsdon
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I do the drive through refills. Call it in a few days in advance, and the pick it up at the window in about 5 minutes.

New scripts I plan to be there all afternoon ;-) actually had to wait about 2 hours the other day, so I took DS outside to wait and we played with the plants until it was our turn. It was a nice day, no need to wait inside and get all pissy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN