Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate DH's new unit.

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 10 Replies

They have been nothing but trouble since he got with them. First they didn't get his orders going until a month after they were supposed to start, so we went a whole month with no pay, and now I just called Tricare to see if we are due to get our Tricare started when DH goes on orders, and they said his unit hasn't updated us in DEERS yet. Oh my freaking gosh. I'm so so so sick of it. I'm praying they get it updated soon, and we get it when we are supposed to. 

I just needed to vent is all. Lol. Thanks. 

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

1st-love your avatar, 2nd-I hope they get it all straightened out soon. That month with no pay would have REALLY irritated me!

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Um, thats all things that your husband needs to take responsibility for. Its not his units job to make sure you're updated in DEERs. And if he was having pay issues, she should have gone to his S1 and Finance and gotten that taken care of.

And really, Im not sure what you mean by his new unit didnt get his orders going? Orders for what?

ajdahd13
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Umm we are all in DEERS. He is NG and when he goes on title 10 orders his UNIT has to call them and tell them to start Tricare. I think I would know seeing as how I JUST called Tricare. Orders to deploy. National Guard is much different than regular Army. 

Quoting SierraLynn:

Um, thats all things that your husband needs to take responsibility for. Its not his units job to make sure you're updated in DEERs. And if he was having pay issues, she should have gone to his S1 and Finance and gotten that taken care of.

And really, Im not sure what you mean by his new unit didnt get his orders going? Orders for what?

ajdahd13
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Haha love Daryl! And thank you. It's just frustrating. There is nothing we can do about it, it's all on that damn unit. Lol

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

1st-love your avatar, 2nd-I hope they get it all straightened out soon. That month with no pay would have REALLY irritated me!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Good luck.  No idea here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Sorry, but that's how it works. No orders, no pay, no insurance. Why did he report if he didn't have orders??

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Your dh should have been riding their ass about it.

ajdahd13
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Oh he is!

Quoting cocoroo:

Your dh should have been riding their ass about it.

ajdahd13
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Because he didn't need orders at first. He got paid NG MUTA pay, and then they switched to the orders and by that point he was there and couldn't leave, because believe me, we considered it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, but that's how it works. No orders, no pay, no insurance. Why did he report if he didn't have orders??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Ok, I understand now. Wow, that sucks!! I know it's easier said than done, but he needs to put his foot down & demand orders. I know a wife who's husband died in a similar situation & she had to involve congress to get her benefits. True story. Not trying to scare you, but it happens.

Quoting ajdahd13:

Because he didn't need orders at first. He got paid NG MUTA pay, and then they switched to the orders and by that point he was there and couldn't leave, because believe me, we considered it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)