Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Work schedule before PCSing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
The mover come one week from today, and my husband just sewed on staff. He has to amend his orders, ID, and we need new IDs too. He has outprocessing to do. His shop is having him work late to make up for the time he is doing these things. He's working until the day before the movers come, including Saturday and Sunday. Shouldn't he be given some time to outprocess and get the last minute things done?

This timing is awful. I have everything in the house done and ready, we just need to pack bags for the cars right before. I decluttered some more and we have another dump run. The fuel pump conviently just broke on the car YESTERDAY and my husband hasn't even been home to fix it.

Is this normal? His last base gave him as much time as he needed to get things done. I recently had a baby an I'm extremely hormonal, so I just need some perspective.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

It happens...  The mission doesn't care if you're moving or not.

ccmvm
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM

It's up to his supervisor and whoever else is in charge. DH's is the saaaaame way, she will work people until the very end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Quoting jas_momof2:

It happens...  The mission doesn't care if you're moving or not.

I really hate hormones. I'm usually level headed and rational, but I'm feeling super stressed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Quoting ccmvm:

It's up to his supervisor and whoever else is in charge. DH's is the saaaaame way, she will work people until the very end.

Dumb. I got most things done before I delivered, its just the few last minute things stressing me out.
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We just moved and DH didn't get any time off except for the day the movers came.  They didn't even give him time off to move with us, or to unpack.  We had to drive to our new base by ourselves and he came a month later.  No house hunting leave either.  It really sucked.  

Oh, and the ship came home on a thrusday, and they even gave him grief for taking a half day off on Friday to go pick up his car from the VPC, and he had to work on the Monday when everyone else go the day off to spend with their families.  Yep...he was totally screwed by his supervisor, LOL.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My hubby didn't even get the day of the movers off. He had less than 2 days to outprocess due to the company and the bataillion getting his leave approved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Oh wow, you guys have me feeling lucky lol. Thanks for the perspective.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Yep.  That's the way things go at times.  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)