Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How did you deal?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 24 Replies

To all the women out there that had a child/was pregnant while their husband was away.. how did you deal with it? What did you do to make it easier and to make your husband feel like he was a part of it all?

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyslpbaby
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Skype!! My hubby left when I was 18 weeks and now my baby is 2 months old. He won't be back till my baby is 7 months. We Skype whenever we can, we did recordable storybooks so baby can hear his voice on days we don't Skype and I sent him baby's footprint and handprint. He tells me he kisses it everyday. I gave birth "alone" physically but he was on Skype to see the labor/ birth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I sent him pictures & weekly updates of my growing baby bump. I sent him a box filled with nothing but pink stuff when I found out she was a girl. He picked out her name. I dont remember doing anything different then I did with my 2nd pregnancy that DH was home for, except what is listed above.

He came home 2 weeks after she was born.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM

These ladies have some wonderful advice!  Hugs and good luck!

Aaronmarie
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM

If he'll be gone an extended period after baby is born, have him make videos before he leaves reading stories or even just talking to baby & saying I love you. When he comes home he/she will know his face and voice. He can read the same stories to ease into building the relationship.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I found out I was pregnant a week after dh left...  It sucked, I was away from family but I had a very awesome friend.  We would watch Ricki Lake and eat Taco Bell... 

I would send dh pictures and write.  Of course, it was all snail mail as that's all we had back then.  That and a 10 minute phone call once a week...  Y'all have easier now...

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I just gestated. I mean, the baby grows whether or not he's around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Thankfully my husband was with me during the labor and delivery of our daughter.

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Hubby left for his duty station in the US (he was stationed in Germany at that time and we married) 1 week after I told him, he's gonna be a Papa. Pictures and updates via E-Mail had to do the trick. I gave birth without him and called him about 1 hour after our DS1 was there, that he's officially a Papa now, he even heard him cry. Afterwards it was more pictures and other updates via mail.

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
My youngest son was born while my dh was at. AIT. My youngest dd was born while my dh was in Korea. He was able to come home for a weekend when our son was born, but he didn't meet our daughter until she was 7 months. I just sent him a lot of pictures. We talked as much as we could and wrote letters. This was 12 and 10.5 years ago, so it is much easier to communicate now. I didn't even have a computer when my son was born.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DevilInPigtails
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Make it easier,hmmm.  Well I was nauseas so drinking a small bottle of gateraid cured it.  Built my support system, who could would help with what.  Talk about it to him, telling him about all the different changes, pictures of all my weight gain.  I was terrified of what he would think of my new size.  Be open about it all I can say and find that person at this base that you can really count on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN