Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Second thoughts

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 17 Replies
Not long ago, I made a post about returning to work. Things are going very well. I have a second round of interviews next week, and I'm pretty confident an offer will come out of at least one.

So, naturally, I'm having second thoughts. I've been thinking I should hold off on working until after this summer. My oldest might have to go to summer school, my family wants ds2 to visit them on the West coast, youngest would need full-time care until the Fall....

So torn. But, both of these positions are really good, one is a management track position, one is a completely new skill-set with an employee profit-sharing plan.

What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Do what is best for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Considering what you have going on in the summer, I would wait.  But that's me...  Jobs are jobs and your family is your family.  Life is short enough as it is.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I told dh " there will always be another job."

Quoting jas_momof2:

Considering what you have going on in the summer, I would wait.  But that's me...  Jobs are jobs and your family is your family.  Life is short enough as it is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I would consider what is really important to me. Job vs. Family. Yes, my family is important, don't get me wrong, but I really cannot wait until I find a job and start making my own way again. I feel my son is old enough now to be in daycare/preschool for me not to worry  as much. I really don't feel I am helping hiim much in learning what he would need to know before hitting Kindergarten so daycare/preschool it is!  IMO, if you don't take an offer now, you probably will not ever. You mentioned one of your kids needs full time care, perhaps that is where you need to be...not in an office. KWIM? :)

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
It's very confusing, that's for sure. And, I guess it's something we all struggle with.

We'll see how I feel after those second interviews.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

I would consider what is really important to me. Job vs. Family. Yes, my family is important, don't get me wrong, but I really cannot wait until I find a job and start making my own way again. I feel my son is old enough now to be in daycare/preschool for me not to worry  as much. I really don't feel I am helping hiim much in learning what he would need to know before hitting Kindergarten so daycare/preschool it is!  IMO, if you don't take an offer now, you probably will not ever. You mentioned one of your kids needs full time care, perhaps that is where you need to be...not in an office. KWIM? :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I’d go for it.  The family will always have needs and somehow I’d manage with the help of DH.  That income would be icing on the cake for my kids future or us.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Very true. And, it would be good for us to have childcare established when dh deploys this fall.

Quoting Anonymous:

I’d go for it.  The family will always have needs and somehow I’d manage with the help of DH.  That income would be icing on the cake for my kids future or us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

SJ- I would go for it.  It is a career, not just a job.  Even when I hate my crap job, I'm still glad I have it.

asaffell
by Ashley on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Ride it out, see what happens, mama. And go with your gut.

It's a really hard choice to make, so don't do anything unless it really feels right. <3

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I'd probably wait but I have no idea what it's like in your shoes.  Do you think the job opportunities will be the same if you wait?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)