Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two army kids

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son joined the army 5 years ago when he was 19 and now my daughter is thinking of joining the army national guard.. She has an office job and she's a bodybuilder but feels she needs something more challenging in her life.  I was not ok with my son joining but as time went on I'm good with it now and it has helped him a lot.  I'm not as concerned with her joining the military as I was when he did.  Of course I have a better understanding now than I did then.  She has a son and is a single parent so I'm not sure how much of a strain this will put on her but I do have faith in her ability to make good decisions.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Just want to say Welcome to the Group.  =]

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  I honestly have no advice as I have no experience:)  Hugs!

Mrs.Brugger
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I'm glad to hear your daughter is pursuing a path that she's interested in and is going to challenge her =] I hope she has help with her son for while she's away, and remind her to make a plan and then a back up plan for her drill weekends (for childcare)!

sahmw2010
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i know an active duty army single mom. she has been through a deployment and everything and everything works out just fine. im sure you daughter will be able to manage it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)