Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heart breaking

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son will graduate may 3 from fort benning I just found out hes going overseas in 2 months or sooner also I cant go to the graduation and he wont be home after so my heart is breaking
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Where overseas? My son is almost done with AF Tech School and is going overseas to Germany. I'm assuming your son is going to Afghanistan.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Hugs mama!

Apollos82
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I'm sorry. Hang in there. 

Jessy613
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Quoting cat110:

My son will graduate may 3 from fort benning I just found out hes going overseas in 2 months or sooner also I cant go to the graduation and he wont be home after so my heart is breaking

Why can't you go to his graduation?

Mrs.Brugger
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Sorry to hear you won't see him before he goes overseas. Make sure you two can get Skype set up!!

SierraLynn
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM

So sorry about that.. Sometimes that happens with combat MOS's though. The first cycle my husband helped train in 2010 had a kid go straight from Louisville Airport to Germany to his units Rear D for a few days, then sent out to Afghanistan.

I hope you get some good communication before he leaves though.

cocoroo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Can't get off work, money, etc.  Going to my son's basic graduation cost me over $1200 between plane tickets, rental car, food, hotel, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cat110:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Quoting cocoroo:

Can't get off work, money, etc.  Going to my son's basic graduation cost me over $1200 between plane tickets, rental car, food, hotel, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cat110:

Wasn't the time you spend with him worth it or do you regret it?

cocoroo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Of course I don't regret it.  I had the money to spend and was easily able to get the time off work, not everyone can do that.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cat110:

Wasn't the time you spend with him worth it or do you regret it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)