Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I need a friend

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi my name is Heather and my husband is in the Air Force. We live in Warner Robins, Georgia. My family and friends live in Ohio and it is really lonely not having anyone to talk to. Any one from the area?
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the group! Have you checked around your base for any goings on or met any other wives?
Mrs.Honeybadger
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I have me a few of th wives and one I like, but don't see often. I don't have chidren yet, but it seems like everyone I meet does. I don't mind that they do at all, but it feels like their time is filled up ya know? I haven't been to much on base. I get nervous. I was hoping to get a job when I got down here, but that hasn't happened either..

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Welcome to the group!  Are you working?  Do you have any hobbies?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Is Stevie B's still there?  It was an awesome pizza buffet place...  And the Boardwalk was down the street from there...or was it on another street?  I can't remember...  Yummy frozen yoghurt though.

Mrs.Honeybadger
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't have a job, but I would like one. I have tried, but with one car and no one hiring its hard. I love to dance and scrapbook. I don't go anywhere to dance, because my husband doesn't like to do it, but I do scrapbook. I am also taking online college courses.

Mrs.Honeybadger
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Stevie B's is still here, and I love that place!! There is a lot more to do in Macon, but I still find it hard to meet people.. I didn't think I was shy until there was no one around that I knew.

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
If you "quote" someone's reply, it notifies them that you responded to them. And makes it easier to follow.

Welcome to the group! I'd try going to classes and events in the area, and pretty much accept ANY invitation you get for a while. Once you start meeting people you click with, it gets easier. You can't force it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN