Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arizona Ladies!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I are making a trip to Arizona soon to pick up a service dog for him, Lord willing.... The organization is in Elfrida, AZ....is there any place decent to stay around there?? It all looks like the middle of nowhere to me. Thanks! 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM

That IS in the middle of nowhere. You will have to stay in Sierra Vista. But staying at the haunted Copper Queen in Bisbee might be fun! :-) I wish you could take me with you. I'm so homesick for SV. :'(

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Oh, just for reference - Pearce, Gleeson, and Fairbank are all ghost towns.  I still see them on the map, though. LOL

Apollos82
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I was hoping you'd see this! Thanks. SV sounds nice! I'll be looking in to the Copper Queen, then. I'm a fan of old hotels!

I'm sorry you're home sick! Are things going okay where you are now? ....I'd take you with, if I could. We'll be there for at least 10 days, completing training with the dog. 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

That IS in the middle of nowhere. You will have to stay in Sierra Vista. But staying at the haunted Copper Queen in Bisbee might be fun! :-) I wish you could take me with you. I'm so homesick for SV. :'(

Apollos82
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Good to know! 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Oh, just for reference - Pearce, Gleeson, and Fairbank are all ghost towns.  I still see them on the map, though. LOL

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I am in Yuma and I have NO idea where that even is. Sorry!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Good luck!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
If you go to Bisbee, there are some fun shops up and down their little main street. There is a small alley called Peddlers Row where you'll find Seth from Old Bisbee Roasters .. you can't miss him because he's got 4 ft long dreadlocks. BEST coffee in the whole world! Take some home with you! Follow that street and there is an old red hotel that gives free ghost tours. Keep going around the curve and there is a fantastic little chocolatier. Try the tequila truffles! Keep walking up the road and there's an old gas station turned into a pizza place called Screaming Banshees .. once you have their pizza, you'll never eat Dominoes again. LOL Seriously good, old world, fire baked pizza. Just keep an open mind in Bisbee .. it's weird, but that's what makes it fun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM

You lost me after you said "keep walking..." after tequila truffles!! YUM. I don't think I could or would want to keep walking past those. haha It soulds a little like the beach town I went to college in. I can't wait! I hope we get to go there. 

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

If you go to Bisbee, there are some fun shops up and down their little main street. There is a small alley called Peddlers Row where you'll find Seth from Old Bisbee Roasters .. you can't miss him because he's got 4 ft long dreadlocks. BEST coffee in the whole world! Take some home with you! Follow that street and there is an old red hotel that gives free ghost tours. Keep going around the curve and there is a fantastic little chocolatier. Try the tequila truffles! Keep walking up the road and there's an old gas station turned into a pizza place called Screaming Banshees .. once you have their pizza, you'll never eat Dominoes again. LOL Seriously good, old world, fire baked pizza. Just keep an open mind in Bisbee .. it's weird, but that's what makes it fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)