Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a bad person for not crying?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM
  • 35 Replies
DH got sworn in today. During the ceremony, there was a bunch of women that kept crying. He was able to leave the hotel afterwards. I dropped him off a couple hours ago- again, there was women dropping off their husbands or sons and they were all crying. They leave tomorrow morning to Ft. Jackson, so I won't see him now. I haven't shed a tear.

I almost feel like a bad wife for not crying. I don't know if its because I JUST dropped him off. But I see this as a good thing- he left to go do something amazing he believes in and has been wanting to do for years. I will see him in a couple months.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You aren't a bad wife, you just cop differently.  I cried when my dh left for BCT, but I was also 5 months pregnant and cried at everything.  

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Eh, I'm not a cryer either. I wouldn't cry over that. When I had my third son there was a lady that was sobbing and just wailing, because her husband or boyfriend had to go home for the night. I told her to put a sock in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyitalian
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
ive cried everytime hes left, as soon as we say goodbye I wish I could hold it in for him because it makes him sad too, but no your not bad for that your looking at it in a positive way
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this

We all cope differently...you don't cry.  That's okay:)  

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't cry either.  Now, when my son leaves, I make no promises... 

SusanD
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

No it doesn't make you a bad wife. I never cry when I drop DH off for something. I'm just not big on crying.

macysmom
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't cry until he is completely out of sight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't cry either. Now this next deployment I  may only because he's leaving me to deal with a terrorizing 2 year old to deal with by myself! ;)

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Nope.
mlogsdon
by Mary on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't cry at things like that. Not everyone does. My DH is actually glad I don't cry, it makes it easier on him when he leaves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)