Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I Love Homecoming Videos!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

Reposted from The Stir.

Just because I love homecoming videos and this one made me laugh. I hope you enjoy it.

Soldier's Homecoming Shocks Grandpa -- Wait 'til You See His Adorable Reaction (VIDEO)

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

military homecoming"Funny" isn't typically a word you'd use to describe a military homecoming video. They're always sweet, touching, and they'll often make you cry, but funny? Not so much. However, there are exceptions to every rule.

Check out this oddly funny video of a soldier surprising his grandfather while he's home from deployment. Of course it's still sweet and touching, but it'll crack you up, too. (Warning: Language!)

Perhaps it's because hearing the "s" word from a grandpa always makes us giggle a bit, but mainly it's because of this man's sweet, kind of gruff reaction. Clearly, this grandpa couldn't be more proud of his grandson -- and you can tell exactly the kind of relationship these two have from this small clip. This is, in a word, awesome. In two words, awesome and funny. Okay, let's just get the trifecta here: This is awesome, funny, and heart-warming. Love.

What do you think of Grandpa's sweet and funny reaction?
Has your loved one ever surprised you? Or have you been involved in a surprise homecoming?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
That was sweet, and funny!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krys1025
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM
So cute:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM
They always put a smile on my face. Such a happy moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM

ahh i can't wait to watch it! DS gets picked up from his dad in about an hour, and you can bet I'll watch this as soon as they're gone! (If he hears a 'bad word' he yells out POTTY MOUTH and I want to actually watch this instead of get yelled at! LOL!)

When I'm throwing myself a pity party, I like to watch homecoming videos...they really get the tears flowing lol So a funny one...sounds like a nice change!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

That was sweet!  I'm not really partial to them, but every now and then I'll see one (like this) that's really cool...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Too sweet!  Love those!

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM

LOL, that was pretty good.  Reminds me of my grandpa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN