Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

My Son left yesterday.....

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

My oldest DS left yesterday. He was home for 10 days... He just finished his A school in FL and now is in San Diego.  In many ways letting him go this time was so much harder and in others it was a bit easier.  My DS1 is in the Navy.  He has been assigned to the USS Carl Vinson. 

I am so proud of him. He is an amazing young man. He will have several small  'trips' for the next year and a half, then they go on a 10 month deployment. (this is of course unless something happens and all hell breaks lose)...  I am working on being strong and upbeat for him.. but its not easy.  I miss him....

What tips can y'all give me to make it easier??

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
marinemom0416
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:46 AM

I know it's hard right now but it will get a little easier over time. If you don't have a facebook account I recommend getting one  sometimes that is the only way I can talk to my son ( who is a Marine and on a deployment himself right now), if you don't have a camera for your computer I would get one so you can skype when he is able to.  I  also send my son care packages all the time filled with all types of goodies , even though some of the food is junk food it makes me feel better because it's stuff I know he loves and doesn't eat every day. You might want to see if he has a motomail account yet so that you can send him a message everyday. hope this helps

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Hugs mama! 

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Your son's ship is moored right next to my husband's.  I drive by there almost weekly :)  He has been in for several years, but this is our first tour on a carrier, so it is all new to me too :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

DamianaFire
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Oh that is so cool. We can' t wait to go down and see him and everything. I am finally getting used to everything.. Not easy.. I  cannot even imagine having my DH gone like my DS is. I bet it gets very hard for you....

Quoting TonyaLea:

Your son's ship is moored right next to my husband's.  I drive by there almost weekly :)  He has been in for several years, but this is our first tour on a carrier, so it is all new to me too :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)