Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Frustrated

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 23 Replies

DH's grandfather passed away this past week. He is usually able to get on every night so I was sure I'd be able to get to him before he scrolled through FB feed. Well. I wasn't.

He found out about his grandfather via his brother's FB photo and the caption, "We'll all miss your grandpa." with the hashtag 'cancersucks'

What a way to find out about your role model's passing. >:-[

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

he did bring up our daughters name again too. When we were trying to think of boy names (before we knew she was a girl), one of his top names was Roland (his grandfathers name). When she was a girl he often joked he would sneak Roland in her name somewhere...which he did the other day. After talking for a bit, he asked how his daughter is...and then said, "I miss her. Little Isabel Madison Grace Roland Brugger." hahahaa

AF_Petite
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I'm sorry he found out this way. May his grandfather rest in peace.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

The downside to fb. Sorry momma.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

That and I found out via text message. :-\ technology is making everything so impersonal

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

The downside to fb. Sorry momma.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm frustrated with life in general too. Let's have a drink. LOL

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Uh oh! What's going on!?
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Uh oh! What's going on!?

I think people on AHRN and MilitarybyOwner .coms are insane. I can't believe how much people want for rent on homes that I would classify as mediocre, and the exorbanant amount they want for something decent. All of the houses on MilitarybyOwner were $400 more per month, AT LEAST, than an E-6's housing allowance. On AHRN it isn't that much better. 

We live on the west coast and pay $1350 per month for a 4 bedroom, 1900 sq foot townhouse with wood floors and granite countertops.  I found a listing in Oklahoma City, exact same specs as this house, for $1595. Really? Really? Our allowance there is $1221. Why would I pay $245 more per month to live in a place no one wants to live in. Those townhouses are selling for around $200,000, there is no way that rent should be $1595, those people are THIEVES!

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain. We're going to be moving late summer to Colorado. We've decided to rent for a year until we figure out where we would like to settle. After looking at the rental prices and restrictions for a shitty little 800 sq ft condo, we may as well roll the dice and buy a house. I don't know. I am NOT going to pay $2700 a month for a rental, that's more than our current mortgage!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Uh oh! What's going on!?

I think people on AHRN and MilitarybyOwner .coms are insane. I can't believe how much people want for rent on homes that I would classify as mediocre, and the exorbanant amount they want for something decent. All of the houses on MilitarybyOwner were $400 more per month, AT LEAST, than an E-6's housing allowance. On AHRN it isn't that much better. 

We live on the west coast and pay $1350 per month for a 4 bedroom, 1900 sq foot townhouse with wood floors and granite countertops.  I found a listing in Oklahoma City, exact same specs as this house, for $1595. Really? Really? Our allowance there is $1221. Why would I pay $245 more per month to live in a place no one wants to live in. Those townhouses are selling for around $200,000, there is no way that rent should be $1595, those people are THIEVES!

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Rentals are extremely expensive in CO. I don't understand it. Our house with around 1400 sf for the main floor and basement, and our mortgage is only $700/month. To the the OP, sorry for your husband's grandfather.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I feel your pain. We're going to be moving late summer to Colorado. We've decided to rent for a year until we figure out where we would like to settle. After looking at the rental prices and restrictions for a shitty little 800 sq ft condo, we may as well roll the dice and buy a house. I don't know. I am NOT going to pay $2700 a month for a rental, that's more than our current mortgage!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Uh oh! What's going on!?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

It's so frustrating!!! If my tear ducts still functioned like a normal human being I'd be reduced to tears.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Uh oh! What's going on!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN