Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Weight Watchers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I've been under an absurd amount of stress the past year, so much so some days I'm surprised I am able to move. With this stress has come an added bonus of weight gain. I can't blame a medical problem because then I'd just be fooling myself. I get stressed and eat...a lot. So tonight when I tried to cram myself into a formerly baggy pair of jeans and they made me feel like 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag, I broke down. I just can't be this large anymore, it's making me depressed. I signed up tonight for WW online. Has anyone had any success with it? I've never really had a weight problem before, this is a new thing for me. Originally I wasn't going to post anon but I got too nervous about criticism.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I had okay results. It is definitely something more for a long-term than a quick fix thing. I found it easy to follow. It really needs to be coupled with exercise for great results though.

asaffell
by Ashley on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I had better results with working out and just eating clean within certain calories. Weight Watchers and every other thing like that is dependent on what you do and how committed you are. Make sure you're surrounding yourself with people to keep you accountable.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM

A friend of mind is doing that and it's working for her.  I've tried it before, but I do not have the patience. 

Dani_Lynn
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I tried online but really jeed the accountability of the meetings. Also I have the Active Link and I love it. Its a great reminder to get movong more!
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I haven't tried weight watchers, but I did start the Body By Vi. I don't do it to the "T" so to say, but will make up a shake for breakfast and if I am needing a small snack. I am learning just watching how much I eat, and adding working out in, I am seeing results.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I use WW to track my food and go to the meetings...I love it!  The people are wonderful and it's been good for me.  I'm a long distance runner so exercise isn't a problem for me...it's food that I love!  LOL!  I'm learning each day and making progress, and that's all that matters:)  Good luck!

Katkinson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

awww, we did ww, I;ve tried it online and in person.  I have to say in person is better for me, since I didn't want that "now skinny" girl who was doing weigh ins to know I didn't lose any weight or worse, gained some!!! It was good motivation if someone else held you accountable.  There is a third option, though. . do your research and just do it yourself for free!  Hubby and I got so that we could do the WW points formula in our head at the grocery store. . . it takes a longer time to prepare food, but you can literally eat anything you want if you are creative about it. 

for instance:  you want to go to pizza hut.  ok, go!  but don't eat 3 or 4 pieces of pizza.  order a big salad, BRING YOUR OWN DRESSING ( wally has yogurt dressings in with the veggies that are only 45 cals per serving, and the bleu cheese is awesome) and have one piece of pizza, don't forget to blot that grease off!  It was a lot of tweaking amounts of the bad stuff, and eating tons of veggies first.  they even sell ww calculators if you don't want to do the math in your head.   we would take a whole day, go grocery shopping, and separate EVERYTHING into portions.  after we got a recipe down to points per serving ( this takes a long time, too) I kept a log of points in our recipe book and then it was smooth sailing from there. 

Good luck!  and don't feel bad about yourself.  we all gain weight.  I don't know why you are worried about criticism, trying to correct the situation only shows drive to be your best and that you're a goal getter. 

Katkinson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I forgot to mention be sure to look up healthy substitutions. .like chicken alfredo?  you can substitute the butter and cream fat with an avocado, and it is AWESOME.  applesauce in treats instead of oil and butter, etc.  shaves a TON of points off.  don't forget to add the substitution ingredients into your recipe book too!!!  it's a lot of experimenting, but we were more often pleased than disappointed.  A ingredient substitution chart is on pinterest somewhere. . . I have it pinned and if you're interested I'll try to dig it up and post the image :-)

TiffLa
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I am an emotional water as well. WW or ANY diet alone has never worked for me for long term results. What HAS worked for me is cutting my portions in half, eating 4 or 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals (because with the bigger meals I tend to self sabotage & eat too much then feel guilt & that's stressful ... So I want to stuff my face again) . It sounds counterintuitive but that's how it works with me . Eat smaller meals more often so I'm not hungry ........ And , most importantly , exercise daily!!! Not always fun but when I see results I want to keep doing it:) also I have learned that exercise is a stress buster and... Boosts my self esteem when I lose weight & can keep it off:) plus I have done a lot of work on identifying what my stressors are in the first place & working through that stuff. That extra baggage in my life serves no positive purpose . Hope this helps& good luck !
Laura
TiffLa
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM
*emotional EATER *
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN