Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Joke Amongst Friends

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 17 Replies

So my friends and i joke around about this life. "The army is his wife and i am his dirty mistress" and then now I have two sides of me. I have the "I married my love" side that hates deployments and feild (especially when it involves marching 10miles in the pouring rain and sleeping on muddy ground, which is what they do i know) and then I have the side if me that is married to the soldier. The side that knows how to carry one while hes gone and who is independent. Now most of you dont know me so you dont understand my personality, but I was wondering if anyone else has a joke amongst friends that help releive the stress involved of worrying for your loved one?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM
3 moms liked this

We spent so much time with some friends that my best friends husband was considered my second husband and my husband was her second husband.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I think exactly like you OP. I always call the Corps his other wife lol.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Well said OP!  

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Not me but I enjoyed your post :).
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

no...

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

not army related no. I do always say 'Happy Wife, Happy Life!' whenever I want something lol. (And no, I'm not THAT spoiled. ...A little yes!)

TiffLa
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Not necessarily the same exact kind of situation ,but my fiancé is a musician, I am a caregiver for his mom with moderate/late stage Alzheimer's Disease, my son enlisted in the Guard & is getting ready to ship out for Basic, my daughter just moved out officially& I'm a social wire student (which has its own stressors) who used to be a counselor. My friends & I have this inside joke about each others' lives we lead & I'm nicknamed "the Drama Groupie"..... Non intentional but a true reflection of my life,lol
TiffLa
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TiffLa:

Not necessarily the same exact kind of situation ,but my fiancé is a musician, I am a caregiver for his mom with moderate/late stage Alzheimer's Disease, my son enlisted in the Guard & is getting ready to ship out for Basic, my daughter just moved out officially& I'm a social wire student (which has its own stressors) who used to be a counselor. My friends & I have this inside joke about each others' lives we lead & I'm nicknamed "the Drama Groupie"..... Non intentional but a true reflection of my life,lol

Social work student not social wire ... Phone does stupid weird autocorrects ,lol
sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hey it doesnt really have to be military related. Laughter is truley the best medicine. and if it works, there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. where is your son going? my hubby right now is a Drill SGT, so was just wondering.

Quoting TiffLa:

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Not my husband, but I joke about getting "frequent flier" miles at the hospital due to my son's numerous stays.

The nurses think it's funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN