Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Moving to Camp pendleton

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello moms,

My name is Erika and my husband and I got orders to Camp Pendleton, I was looking for some advice on good elelmtary schools and housing. My son has ADHD and I goes to a awesome school now and im worried that the schools im Camp Pendleton will take him 2 steps back, this is just what I have heard. Does anyone have advice on what city would be a good place to move with the best schools. Thank you so much 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Bump!  Good luck!

asaffell
by Ashley on May. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

We loved Mary Fay Pendleton but not the DeLuz neighborhood we were in. The school was really good though.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I'm no help but here'sa bump.

usmcwifey11
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I'm curious as well! We will be moving there next summer.
all4gumby
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard good things about the schools there.  You have other options for housing besieds Camp P, south there are some options in San Diego, and north you have options in Seal Beach and LA.  Camp P is basically in the middle from LA to San Diego.  

I know people that moved there for the schools and house size and really like it.  

linds0712
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have kids in school so not sure what they are like in base but I know the schools in San Clemente (which us the city that literally is just north of base) are very nice. We live in Oceanside which is just south of base because its cheaper down here. Housing off base is pricey around here. Not sure of your husband's rank or whether you want to live on or off base but with BAH we have a 2bedroom 2bath apartment and not a lot left over. We are going to move on base when hubby gets back from this next deployment he's getting ready to go on. If you have any questions about this area feel free to ask!!!
LuvMySeaturtles
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Thank you guys for all the helpful information!

LuvMySeaturtles
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I have not been on cafemom for quite sometime but whats a bump?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting LuvMySeaturtles:

I have not been on cafemom for quite sometime but whats a bump?

It means bring up my post. People will 'bump' a post so it goes to the top of the list so more people will see it. I don't have any info on CP so I will bump for you too!

amberd689
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

We live in Wire Mountain 1 near the front gate. We have a four bedroom place and our kids go to North Terrace I like the school. Depending on his rank there are lot sof places on and off base that are good. If you prefer off base and dont mind a drive about 45 minutes away is Murrieta/ Temmecula the schools are better that way but it can be a drive during rush hour. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)