Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am in the military and have rank? when?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 34 Replies

I drove to post the other day to go to the comisarry and I was alone with my sons. I handed the gate guard my dependate ID and he hands it back saying "have a nice day Staff SGT" huh? since when did i become a SSG and since when did gate guards start calling us dependants our husbands ranks? have too many entitled wives thrown fits about "not being soluted" or something that the rest of us get stuck in that group?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jtsmommie0104
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Maybe it was a long day and he over looked that it was a dependant ID. Is this something that happens everyday, if not I think you may have over reacted. 

sahmw2010
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Maybe it was a long day and he over looked that it was a dependant ID. Is this something that happens everyday, if not I think you may have over reacted. 

If i get a male gate guard yes, female gate guard, no.

jtsmommie0104
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Hm that's weird. I've never been called by my husbands gate by any guards. 

sahmw2010
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

me niether until the beginning of this year. the first time it was a shocker but ok whatever, like you said, maybe it was a long day. but then it continued happening with all the males. so I went to a female when I finally saw one, and she just said "have a good day ma'am" I like that much better.

cocoroo
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I never get called my dh's rank.  It isn't like our it's look anything like theirs.  My dh doesn't even get called Staff Sgt, they just say have a nice day Sgt.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Sometimes they will say Mrs. (my last name). when they tell me to have a good day. But that is it.

jtsmommie0104
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

me niether until the beginning of this year. the first time it was a shocker but ok whatever, like you said, maybe it was a long day. but then it continued happening with all the males. so I went to a female when I finally saw one, and she just said "have a good day ma'am" I like that much better.

Yeah, that sounds odd to me too.... 

But this reminds me of an full blown argument this lady had in the comminsary that she is not a civilian ( her husband is AD). That type of lady would love that treatment.

TonyaLea
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I have never had that happen.  Usually they just say "have a nice day."

sahmw2010
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Exactly. That's what i am wondering. Have too many wives thrown fits at the gate for this to start? Like i said, i have never had this happen until the beginning of this year.

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

Yeah, that sounds odd to me too.... 

But this reminds me of an full blown argument this lady had in the comminsary that she is not a civilian ( her husband is AD). That type of lady would love that treatment.

sahmw2010
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this
You know ladies... I got think while im doing the laundry... Thise gate guards are right by calling me by my husbands.. I mean my rank. I mean come on. We spend hours doing laundry, and taking care of the kids. And now its summer time so with all the kids 24/7.. That earns us a promotion! And waking up with his alarm first thing in the morning. It is so hard to roll over and go back to sleep... And... What else am i missing here? Lmao
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)