Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ID cards

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
During inactive reserve time, do dependants still qualify for ID cards? I know it's a random question.... I know dh's is good through 2016, but I don't know if mine is eligible to be renewed or not...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Yes you still qualify to renew yours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Where would I get it renewed? He was based at ft drum, and were back in the Midwest now!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes you still qualify to renew yours.
conchita07
by New Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I know here in the bay area, Ca you can take your husband to any military base or station & they should be able to help you. Our is Coast Guard Island or one of the Air Force Bases.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Thank you. Another question then. He just adopted my dd. would we need to apply for her? It would just be about 3 1/2 years before he's completely done.

Quoting conchita07:

I know here in the bay area, Ca you can take your husband to any military base or station & they should be able to help you. Our is Coast Guard Island or one of the Air Force Bases.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Glad these ladies could help:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Yes! Since we're not by a base, I never worried About it. But we're planning a vacation to Orlando and sea world wanted my dependent ID. It caught me off guard!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Glad these ladies could help:)
TonyaLea
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Kids typically don't need ID cards untill they are 10, so it would depend on her age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. Another question then. He just adopted my dd. would we need to apply for her? It would just be about 3 1/2 years before he's completely done.
Quoting conchita07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes! Since we're not by a base, I never worried About it. But we're planning a vacation to Orlando and sea world wanted my dependent ID. It caught me off guard!!

Call to see if you need an appointment before making that trip.
conchita07
by New Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Yes he could probably get her one too. It wouldn't hurt to ask if he could do it early. She is his dependent too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting conchita07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I will have him call on Monday morning. We'll be by a couple bases on our way, so it could be taken care of. They said the marriage liscense should be enough??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Call to see if you need an appointment before making that trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)