Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange emails

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
I keep getting emails that are clearly scams asking me for $2000, I have no clue how these people even get my email, has anyone else experienced this? Can you report it to someone?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM
From your personal regular email account? Say Yahoo or other?
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM

click the box and hit the spam button!

crazyitalian
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Yes its yahoo

Quoting Anonymous:

From your personal regular email account? Say Yahoo or other?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Scammers hacked my husband's hotmail and sent out a mass email saying he was stranded at a hotel in London, robbed of his wallet, and no way to get back home. "He" needed $1200 wired to Western Union. I told "him" I wired $3000 to the HSBC just around the corner from "his" hotel, so he would have to pick it up there instead. Those scammers were begging for me to wire it to Western Union. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Quoting crazyitalian:

Ahhh, I see then just click the SPAM button. If it was CafeMom website you should report it to them.
crazyitalian
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Thats what these people said, their doing a tour in the philippines lost their wallet and the hotel is holding their passport

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Scammers hacked my husband's hotmail and sent out a mass email saying he was stranded at a hotel in London, robbed of his wallet, and no way to get back home. "He" needed $1200 wired to Western Union. I told "him" I wired $3000 to the HSBC just around the corner from "his" hotel, so he would have to pick it up there instead. Those scammers were begging for me to wire it to Western Union. lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quoting barrelracer1699:

click the box and hit the spam button!

lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I got an email like this only it was allegedly coming from my son...who was sitting in our living room.  All it really takes is for the scammers to purchase or hack an email list, just up your spam filter.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Same exact thing happened to my friend last month, but she was supposedly in Manilla.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Look for the yahoo 'contact us' or the equal to that. You can forward them the email and they can make the freaky emails stop. I had to do something similar when my husband was deployed the last time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)