Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What its like on a military base

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello my name is tina and my husband just finished tech school and got assigned to his first base can anyone tell me what its like to live on a military base thanks alot.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlogsdon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's that different than living anywhere else. You just have a security check point to get on. You have neighbors, some are good some are bad, you have houses (also good and bad) and you have a few stores. Certain times of day have horrible traffic, which you will learn to avoid quickly. That's about it. 

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM

The only difference between living on base and living off is that you have to stop for fifteen entire seconds to sign in at the gate, haha. Other than that, it's just like living anywhere else. Well... I guess there is a higher number of people in uniform walking around, but that's it.

sahmw2010
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Wht others said. Plus certain times (like PT time) u will eaither have to drive 5-10 mph or take a different route all together. Depends on the neighborhood u get put into. I had awesome neighbors next to me, but the ones done the road had no life and was busy watching everyone else. But u get busy bodies anywhere
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You will have to know flag etiquette, post rules, and housing rules.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
What base will you be living at?
hotma28
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Thank You.

cocoroo
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I don't live on post and you don't have to if you don't want to.  Where will you be?

SlapItHigh
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Never lived on one, here's a bu mp.

ROBIN6
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

You will see a lot of family's moves ..we are at hood and it was every day on our street someone moved .its sad when your kids friends leave .

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I've never lived on base before...good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)